• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Alarm Clock App?

I used to have Alarms, which is a great app, but now that I have installed Android 2.1 on my phone, the standard alarms are all that I need.

So if you can't have Android 2.1, give Alarms a try. It has many, many feature, among them, the ability to create new alarms from templates, which saves a lot of time.

Upvote 0
I have g-alarm on my TP and love it! I'm also very happy with the 2.1 alarm BUT you only have 3 alarms. I had about 6 set up on the TP. Soooo, I still use my TP for my wake up and "get your a$$ to work" alarms at home and use my Evo for other things.

I only wish I had more than 3 alarms to use. I may try out Alarms and see if I like it.

thanks!

Upvote 0
I have g-alarm on my TP and love it! I'm also very happy with the 2.1 alarm BUT you only have 3 alarms. I had about 6 set up on the TP. Soooo, I still use my TP for my wake up and "get your a$$ to work" alarms at home and use my Evo for other things.

I only wish I had more than 3 alarms to use. I may try out Alarms and see if I like it.

thanks!

What do you mean 3 alarms? In Android 2.1 stock application?

I actually have 4 alarms set up, and I am sure I could add more.

Upvote 0
I have used my phone as my alarm clock for years, so when I got my Droid, I was looking for a good alarm. I found an app called One Nightstand. I like that it has the ability to dim the screen, and has huge display of the time , along with charge state, weather, alarm status, etc....very nice format. Along with the LEDS hack that turns off the navigation button LED's I'm pretty happy.

Upvote 0
I just bought a copy of Awaken, cause I really liked all the features (like gradual alarm, and it can CALL someone if you don't respond to the alarm).

Noticed one feature is missing: being able to set an alarm more than 24 hours into the future.

Do any alarm apps do that?

Today is Thursday, and I'd like to set a specific wake-up for Saturday (once).

Btw, Wakerupper - The Web's Easiest Telephone Reminder gives free web based wake-up calls, but I'd like to have it running on my phone.

HELP!

Thanks,
Mike

Upvote 0
ok. good work-a-round. I guess I can't set the alarm for my plane trip 10 days from now.

I'm really surprised no apps do this. It seems like an obvious feature to me.

Mike

Unusual.

Most people would use a calendar alert to remind them of something.

Usually alarms are used in near future to wake someone up.

If you know when you need to wake up 10 days in advance...wow...more power to you!

Upvote 0
I disagree. Say I'm going on vacation in 3 weeks. I know I want to set an alarm for 5am (much earlier than normal).

If I schedule it in my calendar, it will beep once and be silent.

My alarm clock behavior is much more appropriate: it will increase in volume and not shut up till snoozed.

Is there a way to make a particular calendar reminder do that?

Mike

Upvote 0
Well, first, I don't think you would forget you're going on vacation :) And, second, you don't know what would happen between now and 10 days from now with your phone/your plans, etc. So the night before your trip, you SHOULD be checking to make sure your alarm is set anyway...and if the vacation is that important, make sure you set a REGULAR alarm clock, not just your phone. Suppose Murphy's Law goes into affect that night and your phone/tower craps out and doesn't auto-update the time and you don't wake up...If the vacation is that important, you need set a real alarm.

That said, were I entirely dependent on my phone for waking me up to my can't miss vacation, I would set an appt 2 days before to remind me to set my alarm for two days hence. (Since Alarm Clock v2 can set by day, you can set it up to 6 days in advance)...Then I would set another calendar event to 24 hours before to remind me to CHECK the Alarm that I set...

I wouldn't trust an alarm set 10 days from now. Too many things can happen to the phone...maybe FCs between now and then would screw up the alarm, etc. I'd be compelled to check the night before that the alarm was indeed set...So that's when I would set it in the first place.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones