Best AM radio app??

1. chfields

chfields Well-Known Member

Wife needs AM radio app...............

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Try Flycast... I've read good things about it but have never used it.
  3. chfields

I will have her try it and see if she likes it.......Checked the app in the market and says it only works for droid and G1
  4. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

The iheartradio app has a lot of Clear Channel affiliated radio stations including my favorite, KFI in LA.

If you have your own streams, then the DroidLive app might play some of them. I have DroidLive Lite app playing the National Weather Service streams, and the TWIT Live (twit.tv) audio only stream.
  5. chfields

Wife tried the iheart app and didn't like it...hence the search for another radio app
  6. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

A Online Radio is what I use to listen to my hockey games.
  7. chfields

Can you hear talk radio??

BTW my wife is French Canadien and a big hockey fan.............
  8. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

Try it.

I can't seem to make sense of your question.

Yes I can hear people talking on the radio using A Online Radio.
  9. chfields

I meant do you get talk radio, like Sean Hannity, Neal Boortz, etc.......

Wife downloaded but doesn't understand how to use it. I will have to try and help her when I get home from work
  10. T Mac

T Mac Well-Known Member

Sorry but I am an iheartradio fan. I use it from time to time with little to no issues. Free local and non local AM/FM channels. With great sound and works great with 3G coverage. What is the problem?
  11. chfields

Wife treid that first but said she didn't like it.....don't know why.........
  12. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

iheartradio is only Clear Channel stations, nothing else.

I think A Online Radio is everything. I browse by city and select the stations from the city. There isn't anything there that would like Hannah Montanna or anything. Maybe you can search for it (I tried searching for Buffalo Sabres and didn't find it)

I know what station it is on WGR 550 AM out of Buffalo. Looked at buffalo stations and there it was. Works great.

This is the reason I got the fiance a Pre. I don't want all the questions about how to use apps etc. If it was a buddy I would say, well start clicking stuff and figure it out. Can't carry that tone with the wif
  13. chfields

ROFL!!!!!! Ain't that the truth!!!
  14. chfields

My wife figured it out on her own..:D I am so proud!! LOL
  15. rhodiggah

rhodiggah Member

The Flycast app works fine with the Sprint Hero using wifi. It won't work using 3G...

(at least, that's how it is on my phone)
  16. deanq4

deanq4 Member

How live are these apps? I want on for when I am at sports events I can listen tot he audio (if my seats suck) so I know what is going on at times. Like during the reviews in football and they take 20 minutes. Just would like an AM radio that is really up to date.
  17. dpeeps74

dpeeps74 Well-Known Member

hah, i should take notes from you. i caught hell the other day when the girl was using my phone and i told her to just load a playlist..she didn't like the "it's the little list icon with a play symbol over it, just like nearly every other playlist icon out there" :confused: she uses a mac at work and doesn't own a computer....go me!
  18. my menace

my menace Well-Known Member

*****TIME FOR A SHAMELESS PLUG*****

for those using iheart radio you can listen to Sportsradio 910 WRNL out of Richmond, Va. and catch me on there in the mornings, I produce the morning drive show and do the sports updates at :15, :35, and :50 between 6 and 9am
  19. Misterjunky

Misterjunky New Member

ihearit radio is the ONLY app which has KFI AM Talk Radio and it's fully compatible with almost any android cell phones including my Samsung Galaxy i897 (captivate) and my wife's Samsung Galaxy GT i9000 cell phone.
    Once you have selected your favorite channels, no other settings are needed at all.......
  20. ptamburino

ptamburino Active Member

Try xiia live. It's in the market. It is part of the shoutcast network, so if it streams online it'll
    Probably work
  21. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

You are all Crazy -
    Use TuneIn Radio - has all stations.....ALL STATIONS....
    works great on the Hero - and Devs a super responsive if you have issues

Works well on Wifi and 3G
    Stocky likes this.