• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Andriod Phone? CDMA?

telmore007

Jun 10, 2010
I am with alltel and I was thinking about getting the new android hero. But customer service said it had many problems. I want to stay with alltel, but was thinking about buying a unlocked cdma andriod. Just wondering which one is the best. I was thinking the Android EVO, but not sure if it is CDMA.

Thanks, Tiffany

Divested Alltel is selling the hero now, I would assume that's what he is talking about. Alltel used to allow you to activate anything, might have to lie a little about what kind of phone it was. Evo would not be a good choice since sprint usually locks down the spc, so Alltel would be unable to program. a VZW phone would probably be ok but you would have issues with data until properly tweaked.
If you want it to work out of the box, not going to happen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones