1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Best Android ever? (Excluding Galaxy S II)

Best Android Phone

1. Samsung Galaxy S Captivate

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. Sony Xperia Play

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Samsung Galaxy Nexus

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. Motorola Droid Razr

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. HTC Evo 3D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. HTC Thunderbolt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. HTC Rezound

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  8. HTC Amaze

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Motorola Atrix 2

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Kang14

Kang14 New Member

Hello all,

this is my first time ever posting in this forum (just signed up 5 minutes ago), so im sorry if this is in another thread or whatever. I have gone from iPhone, to BlackBerry, back to iPhone, and now i have finally landed on an Android. It is December of 2011, and i am on a Sony Xperia Play. I find it a great phone since i love the slide out Playstation controller, and the emulators (GBA, N64, PSX) work extremely well with the controller.

However, I am curious what everybody here thinks is the best Android all around. I am excluding the Galaxy S Captivate 2 because my friend has it and says no other phones compare. So outside of that phone, which is the best? You may be influencing my next phone choice, so dont be shy about voicing your opinions!

Hope my first post didnt bore you with its length! :D

Advertisement
    :
  2. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i might be missing something...
    but..

IF .. IF... the samsung GS2 is so great... why dont you just get that?
  3. UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks Well-Known Member

The Galaxy S II or the Galaxy Nexus (not out yet in the States)..
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

The closest thing you can get in terms of hardware is the sensation xe, its processor is clocked faster but the chipset is inferior. The Galaxy Nexus also has the same chipset as the s2 afaik but an inferior gpu. Basically anything you try to compare to an s2 has a 'but clause'
  5. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

Out of the phones listed the Galaxy Nexus get my vote.

Storage and possible gaming performance issues aside it's a a very good phone.
  6. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

One huge factor is what carrier are you on? Do you only buy unlocked phones and switch to whatever service you want? Sounds like you're on Verizon.
    The Galaxy Nexus should be in stores by late next week (as the latest rumor suggests). I recommend going in and comparing it with the Rezound and Razr and see which is your favorite. They're all very capable devices with similar specs. Since I am a huge Android geek, I will by the Nexus the first day it comes out. The Razr has a similar skin (Blur) as my Bionic. It's quite nice and adds some nice touches. I've used Sense with our Flyer, it's just as great, but different. The Nexus will be vanilla ICS (though Moto and HTC have said they will update the Razr/Rezound to 4.0), so there isn't much of an overlay.
    Have fun, and enjoy you're time with Android!
  7. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

just curious why you would put the captivate in that list along with all other phones that are about 1-2 years newer? and you put the nexus on the list which hasn't been released yet. That poll makes no sense, but maybe its just me.

just curious...
  8. thisisjaybee

thisisjaybee Member

Be sure to ask your Verizon sales rep about the chocolate touch.
  9. GreenBeans

GreenBeans Well-Known Member

Google nexus FTW!!