• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best android phone for girls?

roastedpepper

Nov 12, 2009
I want to get my girlfriend a phone we both have an upgrade. I was thinking of getting a droid and then geting another one free cause they have that deal right now. But supposedly she and her friends went to go look at it and her friend called it a "monster" lol. Anyway so now I'm unsure of if she'd like it. Would an Eris be better? She would like a keyboard but she does have tiny hands so I worry the droid might annoy her after awhile? Do any ladies have any tips? I want to get it for her for a bday present

It sounds like a major nice idea to get her a phone for her birthday, but with something like this I think you should take her in and let her decide on her own. I know it kind of kills the suprise factor, but hey man she is going to be using this phone for 2 years... Wouldnt it suck to get her one that she totally hated and for 2 years or until she got a new one she would be reminded of how much of a crappy gift you gave her when she used the phone? I say let her decide what phone she wants... because to me it sounds like you just want her to have an android phone because thats what you're going to have and/or youre being a cheap skate and getting her what will essentially be a "freebie" gift for a present..... Dont mean to bash... just my 2 pennies.... hope it helps...

Upvote 0
Step 1. Buy her an Eris. Let her mess around with it for a few days

Step 2. Suggest after a few days you go look at what other phones VZW has to offer. If she likes the Droid better, exchange it (do everything mentioned at Best Buy, they do not have a restocking fee and offer 30 days)

Step 3. After she decides which she likes better, let her keep that. Then wait. Hopefully the Nexus One will be out on VZW (supposed to be in March). This will still fall within the 30 days (if it comes out on time) and see if she likes that better. If so, exchange..

Just my 2 cents...

Upvote 0
Best android phone for girls?
There's no such thing for any group of people. You need to consider the specific person you're buying for. For example, there's no way you'd pry my fiancee from her Droid. That doesn't mean that the Droid is or isn't preferred by all women -- it just means that my fiancee prefers it. One woman's preference or even a general group consensus may or may not have any bearing on your girlfriend's personal preferences.

Reactions: nifer
Upvote 0
There's no such thing for any group of people. You need to consider the specific person you're buying for. For example, there's no way you'd pry my fiancee from her Droid. That doesn't mean that the Droid is or isn't preferred by all women -- it just means that my fiancee prefers it. One woman's preference or even a general group consensus may or may not have any bearing on your girlfriend's personal preferences.

Bingo. Sir, you can have an Internet.

This generalizing attitude was bothering me.

Upvote 0
Ah I was by no means generalizing. I just know she expressed interest in the Droid and this year we are trying to save money so if I can get us both what we want at the same time for cheaper she will be happy I know. She has been the one trying to get us to save money if I got her an expensive gift she would be more mad than anything else. :) Thanks for the advice I did not mean to seem as though I was being sexist or something? Anyway thanks.

Upvote 0
I'm a girl who likes her Droid. While I'm kinda geeky, half of my friends with Droids are girls who aren't geeky & they like theirs too.

But your gf might not, who knows... :).

I have small hands & can hold it more easily than some other phones because it's a little narrower. I use physical keyboard only occasionally; it comes in handy sometimes & I haven't found it difficult to use. Small hands might be good even.

Upvote 0
It sounds like a major nice idea to get her a phone for her birthday, but with something like this I think you should take her in and let her decide on her own. I know it kind of kills the suprise factor, but hey man she is going to be using this phone for 2 years... Wouldnt it suck to get her one that she totally hated and for 2 years or until she got a new one she would be reminded of how much of a crappy gift you gave her when she used the phone? I say let her decide what phone she wants... because to me it sounds like you just want her to have an android phone because thats what you're going to have and/or youre being a cheap skate and getting her what will essentially be a "freebie" gift for a present..... Dont mean to bash... just my 2 pennies.... hope it helps...

I completely agree with him. This isn't something that she can very easily just throw away or hide if she doesn't like it. There is the option of returning it, but I know a lot of girls get really touchy about that and will actually keep something that they don't like just to not hurt some one else's feelings. Just take her to the store either day of her birthday or (if you don't want to wait) a few weeks before and let her pick out what she really wants.

I hate to say this but... are you sure she wants an Android? There are some crazies out there that actually like Palms for some reason and other people that hate any type of smart phones...

Upvote 0
I'm sure she wants an Android. We both were kind of looking forward to the Palm Pre Plus but in person we found it cheap feeling. Also I read the reviews and Palm has some major issue with their Pres. Such as this Oreo-effect, battery life, and a few other things. We really want a smartphone for when we go to the shore house there's no internet there and we're there for weeks at a time also we travel a lot so it'll be helpful to have a smartphone. But I think I will take her to the store in advanced since I'd order it online and let her decide and see what she thinks that way I can always get her something else. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I'm sure she wants an Android. We both were kind of looking forward to the Palm Pre Plus but in person we found it cheap feeling. Also I read the reviews and Palm has some major issue with their Pres. Such as this Oreo-effect, battery life, and a few other things. We really want a smartphone for when we go to the shore house there's no internet there and we're there for weeks at a time also we travel a lot so it'll be helpful to have a smartphone. But I think I will take her to the store in advanced since I'd order it online and let her decide and see what she thinks that way I can always get her something else. Thanks.

good choice :)

Upvote 0
So I took her to the Verizon store today and she loved the idea. The funny thing is while she was talking to the rep about the Droid the girl told her to apply for a job at the store since they're hiring and she seems as though she would be good for the job. So now she might be working at Verizon haha. Which would be awesome we'd be up to date on phones and get discounts. Anyway, looks like I'll be ordering us two Droids.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones