Best android phone for VIRGIN MOBILE?

1. Papamalo

Papamalo Well-Known Member

Looking for a good droid phone for VIRGIN MOBILE. Definitely has to be a "smart" phone.

any ideas?

thanks!

PM

Advertisement
    :
  2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Hey, Papamalo, I have moved this thread into the Virgin Mobile forum, since those users will know best which phones to recommend.:)
  3. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd say to get the Evo V 4G. Since your profile says you are in San Francisco, you would likely have access to WiMax for faster data speeds. It comes preloaded with ICS, has a nice large and bright screen, and is just an all around nice phone.
  4. coco3133

coco3133 Well-Known Member

But if your cheap the Optimus Elite :D
  5. mogelijk

I noticed it is on sale at Best Buy this week, it is still the $149 but you get a $20 Best Buy gift card with purchase.
  6. metsfan99

metsfan99 Well-Known Member

Amazon has the Elite for $129.99.
  7. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

8. 24twentysix

24twentysix Active Member

the best phone is the evo v, but it is also the most expensive android phone ($300) and is the only 4G phone. if you want to go cheap go for the optimus elite. its not as good as the evo but for the price, it gets the job done. you also might want to check out the one v. its $200 larger screen then the optimus and comes with ics and a nice camera.

hope this helped!
    MichaelDroid likes this.
  9. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

The iPhone 4/4S is the most expensive virgin mobile phones set at $550 and $650, respectively. Not to mention they're 3G only.
  10. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

The One V is also a pretty solid device.
  11. Nate456

Nate456 Well-Known Member

The Optimus V is a very solid device the forum community is strong. May not be as powerful as the others but once you find the sweet spot it can hold its own.
    raynoldsk likes this.
  12. mogelijk

I'm sorry, but no. I understand it has a strong modding community but it is hardly the "best android phone". First, it has little storage for apps -- even rooted I ran out of memory for apps. Then there is the tiny 3.2" screen. For what it is, as an older Android phone for beginners, it does fine. But now, especially if you are wanting a beginner phone, the Optimus Elite is a much better beginner phone (more memory, larger screen, supports Flash, etc.). I'm sure you'll bring up the point that the Elite does not yet have the modding community the V does, then again, beginners typically are not modders.

Which brings me back to the Evo V, which also has quite a few mods available as the mods for the Evo 3D only need minor changes to work on Evo V -- giving those modders a huge head start. Plus it has a large screen, lots of storage, etc.
    MichaelDroid likes this.
  13. Nate456

That is all true but remember not every one will want to spend $300 on a phone.
  14. mogelijk

Agreed, which is why I mentioned the Optimus Elite -- which is very close in price (about $25) to the Optimus V for a much better phone.
  15. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

Remember that the OP was requesting a good phone on VM, not necessarily the "best", let's just give suggestions with pros/cons and try and stay as far from arguments as possible. ;)
    raynoldsk likes this.
  16. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

According to the thread title, the OP is looking for the Best android phone for VIRGIN MOBILE.

The Evo and the One are probably the best on VMUSA right now with the Elite being #3.
  17. mistichunter

mistichunter Well-Known Member

hey you can get the thriumph it comes with 2.2 froyo but has front fase and back camera, and a mini hdmi port. also you can install custom roms in it. its 299$
  18. Nate456

Might as well buy the Evo V.
    amk2795 and raynoldsk like this.
  19. mogelijk

The Evo V is still what I feel is the best, particularly in an area that has WiMax. If someone didn't want the Evo, I'd suggest the One V over the Triumph; a better processor, nicer screen, more memory, better camera, and for a cheaper price.

Then again, I'm hoping you were being sarcastic. The Triumph, while it had the best specs of any VM phone prior to this Spring/Summer, also had (from what I've read) the most problems of any VM phone.
  20. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

21. coco3133

coco3133 Well-Known Member

Where is it 299? On VM Site its 229 n everywhere else its cheaper
  22. lifeblows10

lifeblows10 Well-Known Member

Do not even consider the Triumph. Price plays a key role here.

You want a solid device, somewhat outdated, but deffently solid all around for the money? Optimus V-$130

Willing to spend more for a better processor, better camera and has Ice Cream Sandwich? HTC One V-$200

You have WiMAX available in your area? Want the power of a dual core processor? Want the "best" android phone VM offers for the most money? HTC Evo V 4G-$300

Just gotta have that iPhone? Slap down $550 for the iPhone 4, $650 for the iPhone 4S.

Long story short, I'd jump for the Evo V 4G. It is the flagship of VM for now and is a proven workhorse. A 4.5 star review from almost 300 people on VM's website? A slew of accessories? And arguably the best prepaid phone for the price... It has a lot going for it. If you have the money, go get yourself one. I have had it since it launched, and I must say it is not only worth every penny, it is a phone that next year you won't hate yourself for owning.
    MichaelDroid, amk2795 and raynoldsk like this.
  23. mogelijk

I have to disagree a bit; while the Evo V 4G is the best phone for the price on VM, it is beat by the Samsung Galaxy Nexus for the best phone for the price on prepaid.
  24. lifeblows10

lifeblows10 Well-Known Member

25. Android fan#1

Android fan#1 Well-Known Member

if you want a Very Good phone that is on the Virgin Mobile Network i would suggest the HTC One V.One,because it's "NEW" and two it could possibly get Jellybean.Since there are rumor's suggesting that the HTC One line would get Jellybean.