Best Android phone for >

1. Argonaut110

Argonaut110 Member

Hi,
    Recently lost my phone which I have had for the past three years. I am now looking for an Android phone for less than

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

If you are not with a carrier you could try going in, and if you don't mind signing a contract sign one and pick up a Galaxy Nexus, they are typically free with contract nowadays.

Pretty good device :)
    Interpret likes this.
  3. Argonaut110

Argonaut110 Member

Sorry I forgot to mention it will be a Pay as you Go phone, so no contracts sorry :(
  4. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

5. Digital Controller

If contracts are out i would say then look on Amazon or eBay for either old Android devices or some refurbished ones.
  6. Argonaut110

Argonaut110 Member

I was looking at that earlier, I think it could be the one ( that I want)! Thanks for your help guys.

Edit: Reviews look pretty poor so I might keep looking. Anybody had experience with the phone?
  7. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

To be honest argo, for that price you aren't going to get anything great or highly rated I'm afraid. I'm hesitant to recommend you get something preowned but have you got a local CEX? You might be better off getting something from there with that budget. Carphone warehouse have the galaxy y in btw for
  8. Digital Controller

What phone are you looking at?
  9. Argonaut110

Argonaut110 Member

10. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

HTC Desire HD's are going pretty cheap on ebay, round about 50 quid mark.

Get it and root it, then put a jellybean rom on it and you're good to go.

I did this to my old desire hd and it's now smooth and fast as.
  11. psionandy

psionandy Well-Known Member

If you've got the time to hunt for a bargain, then ebay and the second hand market is where you'll find them if you're lucky.

The
  12. Argonaut110

Argonaut110 Member

They are going for 50 quid? Just had a search on eBay and cheapest is
  13. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

14. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

The main risk of buying a used phone on places like Ebay, is that it could be reported stolen and carrier blacklisted, which renders it useless.

We've sometimes had posts like "Help I bought this Samsung on Ebay a few days ago, and now it can't get service or make calls.".

Buying a phone from CEX or Cash Converters should be OK though, because they're vetted on the CheckMend database.