• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best android phone on AT&T or Verizon?

Fastblack

Lurker
Aug 28, 2010
Currently have an iPhone 4 for a personal phone, and I'll be getting a new phone for work, I'm an IT guy. I'm deciding what I should order. My work only deals with AT&T or Verizon. I personally am fine with either network. I've never had problems with AT&T. Phone choices are basically the Captivate, the droid 2 and the droid x.

I am leaning toward the Captivate as I'm not so sure I'd like the physical keyboard on the droid 2, and the droid x screen may be a bit to large to be comfortable.

At&t network is faster, although higher latency, and I can talk and use internet at the same time, so I'm fine with it.

What kind of DL speeds are you seeing with Verizon? I'm pretty sure 2 megs is about max for CDMA network right? I can get 5 down on my iphone 4, and 1.5 up.

UI wise I'm not set on either the Motorola or Samsung UI, all of the phones also have around the same specs as far as I know. Flash would be nice, but the iPhone camera is probably good enough anyway.

Any thoughts?

You can always download a replacement home screen launcher like LauncherPro which is based on stock launcher to alter the UI.

I have heard about Captivate GPS problems but Samsung is claiming it is software and will be fixed in the 2.2 update this September. Maybe your best bet would be to wait it out a couple of weeks and see if it does get fixed before buying it (perhaps during that time, something high end with a physical keyboard on AT&T could be announced. Haven't heard any rumors, just saying).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones