Best Android Tablet available RIGHT NOW?

Last Updated:

1. MitchSamuels

MitchSamuels Member This Topic's Starter

What is the best tablet available right now?
    I got an iPad for free last year, and I sold it today. I want an Android tablet now, but I am not sure which one.

I really like the Adam tablet, but not after seeing all these photos and complaints, I am not sure. What do you think about Adam?

Any other good tablets?

P.S... Im looking for one under $500.

Advertisement
  2. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

The Motorola Xoom looks damn promising. Not sure what sorts of models and additions they will provide though. They may or may not have a model that fits your price point.

3. jago25_98

jago25_98 Well-Known Member

I need a new laptop... the only reason I don't get a normal laptop right now is that I want that new eink screen for reading ebooks.

So I'm in the same position as you - I like the sound of the Adam but will it ever arrive?? Or something with an eink display? Waiting and Waiting for a year now.

I want to be able to Run Rosetta Stone on it though... and I wonder if that will be possible?

The other option is to get a Samsung N130 and put my own eink display in it because that is proven... or give up and get a Kindle, because that includes some free internet which I'd find useful travelling.

4. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Here are my top choices (good tablets only, I don't think there are any great android tablets out right now)

No particular order

7 in Samsung Galaxy tab- I think you can find it for $399 which is a better price point than it was before. Nice display

10 in Viewsonic G-tablet- Super fast and it's below $400. You need to root it though and the display is just ok. There's a lot of ROMS for it including the a ROM with the Adam UI. :eek: FYI- The Original Zpad (China) and the Advent Vega (UK) are the cousins of the Gtablet.

10 inAdam - Good luck trying to get it though but it looks nice.

Other tablets

Archos 101/70- They are good and under $300. The low RAM hurts it a little bit but other than that they are good devices.

Nook Color- If you want something basic, I think this is a good 7 in tablet/ereader. You need to root it too though.

5. xmr405o

My personal opinion, if you need a laptop don't even look at a tablet. As far as I know, Rosetta doesn't have an Android app but imagine if they did. It would cost a lot. I would suggest on waiting on a dual boot tablet if you really want a tablet.

I think Asus is making a dual boot tablet not sure if it has e-ink or Pixel QI.

6. HarleyChick

HarleyChick Well-Known Member

What if I just don't want to root a tab? What is the best - non-Chinese (sorry, done that twice and returned both), Android 2.2, flash 10 supported, capacitive touch - tab out there? I don't mind having to download updates, but yeah, I want something that will pretty much work right out of the box. And my budget is stuck at less than $400. Am I asking for too much?

7. xmr405o

I think I suggested this to you already but It'll probably be the archos 70/101. Or if your luck the samsung galaxy tab was on sale for 399 last week.

8. xmr405o

Double post.

9. Deafbear

Deafbear New Member

Hi,

I am new at this. Sorry.

I am look for the better tablet.....I had hard time to search for the tablet in the google....but there are too many...

I need your help me find right tablet?

-Under $300.
    -Two webcam/cam(front and rear)
    -Android 2.0 or above
    -Javascript and skype
    -FCC US
    -English subtitle for the video (I am hearing-impaired)
    -8" to 10" screen
    - 801.11 b/g/n
    -lot of memory over 256mb?
    -novice not advance...

I don't like the credit cards. I prefered the personal check instead. (and e-order form)

Do you have any idea where can I find it?

Thank you,

Deafbear

10. MitchSamuels

MitchSamuels Member This Topic's Starter

I actually ended up getting the 10 inch Viewsonic G Tablet. Its great...
    The stock firmware absolutely blows, but I already have the Notion Ink Eden UI installed. It is so fast. Glad I sold my iPad to get it.

11. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

That was the price last week at BestBuy - I had it in my hands. But then I decided to wait for Galaxy 2. Android 2 and duo core CPU plus a 64GB disk is more attractive for me. Will probably have to dish out more than $399 though.

12. GrantRit

GrantRit New Member

What is the best android tablet right now?
    Like anything it depends on the end use you have for it. For me a first time buyer of an android tablet I have decided on a:

​Herotab MID816
    Chipset: Samsung S5PV210(ARM Cortex TM-A8/1.2G MHz/512KB L2 Cache)

Price range $230
    I want it for a mix of business and pleasure
    level entry stock control of a very small 100-ish stock
    develop a catalog for these items. Why a tablet? mobility small
    Pleasure = the learning experience of this Anroid movement that looks likely to change the way we do things in the future.
    I love ebooks a tablet will take this experience to a whole new level. Games, maybe? got a powerful PC for that but hey I am open to an android game addiction experience.

Why a Herotab cheap, powerful, most new feature on board some will work well some will not - 6 month down the track this will be old technology, the pace of this market is changing and growing fast. From this chepo tablet I will learn heaps and hope to have more knowledge for my next upgrade in a year or two.
    Most importantly I am hoping for a 'FUN' experience of both good and bad from all of the above.

13. patchrhythm

patchrhythm Active Member

That's a no brainer, asus tf101, 32 gig, bestbuy.com $399. I'm a proud owner and I bought it because i read an article in pc magazine about it being the best tablet known to man right now. It runs cirlces around ever last one of them, and had the ipad 2 for breakfast. Apple eat your heart out. :p

Infinitodd likes this.
  14. jonathanhiller

jonathanhiller New Member

I just picked up an Andi-7+ from Mytabworld7 (which is the company that owns the Andi name) on eBay, so far it's been a great tablet. It's a re-branded chinese tablet, but with great customer support from an independent, mom-and-pop type seller that is located here in the USA. I would buy from them again. It's a 7-inch capacitive screen, 512mb RAM, 4GB onboard storage, 1.2GHz processor tablet, with HDMI out, USB, comes with free case, car charger, and home charger, and HDMI cable, I paid 175 for it. OH, and the back of it is alloy, which is not usually the case in the under $200 tablet market. It has Android 2.3.3 and the real Android market already on it out of the box. I had a couple questions after the fact and Dean, the owner of the company was very responsive, which is something you don't usually get with the inexpensive tablet sellers.

If you want a bigger tablet, like a 10-inch, I second the suggestion of the Arnova by Archos, I have a friend with one, it seems like a great tablet for the money, and the display is beautiful, looks a LOT more expensive than it's price would suggest.

15. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Hmmmm.... "Shenzhen Kimdecent Technology Ltd., Shenzhen, Guangdong, China" ... are you sure you want to go through the agony, frustration and hair pulling?

Might I suggest you consider something like a 7inch Samsung Galaxy Tab instead.