Best Android Tablet under $180

Last Updated:

1. ZJE123

ZJE123 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I am looking to buy a new android tablet that is around $200. I have looked up different models and reviews on them. So far all the models I searched for have all had bad reviews(by my standards). These reviews were written by average people, not professionals, and even those reviews were bad. I have looked up tablets such as M001, with no luck. I am hoping someone on this website would know of a Good tablet for this price.
    What I absolutely want is:
    a 600 mhz processor(give or take)
    256mb of ram
    a 7 inch screen
    any version of android 1.6 or above(as long as I can watch youtube on it, I don

Advertisement
  2. 1JOD

1JOD Active Member

I dont think there are many good tabs out there for that price. The herotab RK7 has been getting pretty good reviews, it has 2.1 and 800mhz. It is listed on merimobiles.com for 189 plus shipping(probly around 40 to the us). Good luck!!!

ZJE123 likes this.
  3. ZJE123

Thanks for your feedback. I have searched all over and found nothing that has good reviews and meets my requirements. This tablet does seem to be nice and I may be able to stretch my price range towards that. I would rather spend $210 than $150 if I am sure I am getting something good. I do hear, though, a bunch of new tablets are supposed to be coming out towards the end of this year. Maybe something good will pop up. Thanks again:)

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

The concern I have with these tablets is the processor. Maybe it's just me but I've not heard a lot of good things said about the Telechips processor.

5. Gleth

Gleth Member

It's not a bad device for the price. Mine handles 720p HD video full screen without any problems and it looks fine on my full-hd monitor too. My main gripe with the IM7 is no microphone, apart from that it runs 2.1 and has full market access so is fairly capable.

Yes, performance could be better, but last I looked they were selling the IM7 for 130USD, and at that price I'd say it's worth taking the chance.

6. neudof

neudof Active Member

7. ZJE123

I am going to post a new thread on this.

8. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Not necessary to make 2 similar threads, just bump your old one. I have merged the two threads.

9. ZJE123

I actually meant to make a whole new thread, but is was just a reply, and I couldn't figure out how to delete my reply either, so I just changed it.

10. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

A whole new thread is not necessary as I just said, as you are essentially asking the same thing. Please keep all inquires to this thread.

11. mrspeedmaster

mrspeedmaster Well-Known Member

Spend another $200 and get a NOOK color when they go on sale. After going through a bunch of cheap Chinese tablets, the NOOK is the best value. It has a great capacitive IPS screen.

12. projectpaki

projectpaki Active Member

i'm such an idiot, the augen gentouch was on sale for $89 and i didnt get it because i want a tablet with capacitive touch and gps, and now my mom wants a ebook reader and i should have gotten that... now its back up to 150+ or whatever it costs now.

13. fireshaper

fireshaper Well-Known Member

Check your PMs

14. k1nwb

k1nwb New Member

7" Coby Kyros Android 2.1
    Walmart online for 137.00

15. jtbnet

jtbnet Well-Known Member

I'd second spending $50 more and going for the B&N Nook Color... Love mine and use it more than my 2 VS Gtabs that are faster and bigger as Nook fits in a Jacket pocket... Android 2.1 (shipped), 2.2 or 2.3/CM7 or 3.0 SDK available on xda-dev...