Best android version for Sony Ericsson x8?General

1. kagstrom2100

kagstrom2100 New Member

Hey, i will soon get a SE x8 witch got 2.1 installed. I wonder witch android version is best for the x8? i have herd that 2.3 is very buggy

Thanx in advance kagstrom2100 :)

Advertisement
  2. Well whatever version your carrier gives you is probably the one you want. Any rom you put on that isnt official will likely be buggy.
  3. suhel28

suhel28 Well-Known Member

for me the custom roms 2.2/2.3 suck big time
    I donno why people are so fuking mad about those laggy-randomly restarting ROMs. apart from speed they aint giving nothing.

official 2.1 is the BEST. stable and simple. :D
  4. kagstrom2100

kagstrom2100 New Member

ok, i maybe will try 2.2 and see for myself if i don't like it i will use Xrecovery and get back to my 2.1 :)
  5. dave1977

dave1977 Member

i am using 2.2.1 CM HACKDROID v0.12 the only problem is the video recorder i have found if u open file explorer and titanium back up and close these 2 apps the phone will restart so i keep these 2 apps open in task killer. app 2 sd i have now got working
  6. moaj

moaj Member

how do you enable app2sd dave1977? i use the same rom but cannot move my apps to sd:confused: also how can i get the soccer girls wallpaper save to other folder?:cool:
  7. dave1977

dave1977 Member

i used update.zip and i pushed it to sd card then went to xrecovery and installed it from update.zip from sd card.
  8. Lupajz

Lupajz Well-Known Member

You should wait for CM v7 port for x8 which looks interesting :) If they will manage to make this work it would be awsome :)
  9. kagstrom2100

kagstrom2100 New Member

ok, when will it come?
  10. HaN6787

HaN6787 Well-Known Member

Not yet stable. Be patient lol. There is no exact date I guess. Because they're working their ass off for it :D
  11. suhel28

It won't be stable ever...
  12. coman_nick

coman_nick Well-Known Member

Wait for cm7 with android 2.3.3. It will be stable eventually :) And by stable I mean full functionality and stability.
  13. suhel28

I don't like custom ROMs... why do people like it at the first place???? Speed??? I don't see any changes.. none of the custom ROM support flash
  14. coman_nick

coman_nick Well-Known Member

For me it's the "I like it better factor". I always hated SE call manager and call screen. Also with any cm I can now hangup the phone with my on/off button and so on... Maybe I can get some of the features on stock, but because they're not native, they can get buggy :)
  15. X8DE

X8DE Member

I think you should try PrimeHD 9.0(stock kernel)
  16. X8DE

X8DE Member

I think the Best and great for gaming is

PrimeHD9.0(stock kernel)
    GDX V23b with addons(stovk kernel)