1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Best Anti Thief APP

Last Updated:

1. jfbaro

jfbaro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

My N1 has just arrived and I would like to have some kind of protection by installing an Anti Thief app on it.

Which are the options for Android?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

The best protection is insurance. Second to that would be (IMHO) wavesecure.

3. 28064212

28064212 Well-Known Member

I assume you mean in terms of tracking and locking your phone after it's been taken? Wavesecure is very good, and it's got a free lifetime subscription until 31st March

4. MarDoubleT

MarDoubleT Active Member

I'd also suggest Wavesecure. Allows you to back up your contacts, media and texts as well.

5. ROOFTOP-SPECIAL

ROOFTOP-SPECIAL Member

I'm giving wavesecure a try now. It let me sign up without paying anything but I see where you can buy a 1 year subscription for $20. I can't find anything about the free lifetime subscription? Thanks

ETA: I found the answer in another thread, thx

6. jfbaro

jfbaro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What is the answer then (or at least the thread where you found the it).

Thanks

7. vwvapor

vwvapor Well-Known Member

How does wavesecure compare with mobile defense and lookout mobile security?

8. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

It's free for life if you sign up before the end of this month.

9. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

It's free for life with that device if you sign up before the end of this month.
    I'm pretty sure that this app is not transferable to another device, should you choose to replace your current phone.

10. Chakara

Chakara Member

Have they fixed the International SMS charges issue? At first they used India SMS server (me thinks), then did a SMS gateway in the US, and then because of reliability issues they rolled the US gateway back and send the SMS from India. That means some of us, depending on carrier, have to pay to get the messages.

Where is this now?

-Chak

11. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

I've been using Wavesecure for months. Works great.

12. htcapps

htcapps Member

Yes, Wave secure is the best, you can remotely track and lock the phone using their website. + data back up etc. Here is the link for a mini review and download using qr codes. Wave Secure – for HTC – Free

13. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

wavesecure...or where's my droid is good...text yourself a code and get a reply with the location of your phone

14. cheewee

cheewee Well-Known Member

Hi Chak,
    Just to clarify, WaveSecure hosts its data/web servers in the US. Our SMS gateway is located in Singapore not India. We switched to a US-based SMS gateway provider but switched back because it was unreliable.

The good news is that we are planning to set up our own SMS gateway in US and if everything pans out, it should be ready in about 1 month.

Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    www.wavesecure.com

15. TambourineMan

TambourineMan Well-Known Member

I was able to install and register Wavesecure on my Android G1 and on my Nokia 5800 on AT&T. On my WM6 PPC6800 (Mogul) on Sprint it installs but cannot verify my phone number. I read that in the past Sprint had problems with people being able to receive international SMS messages. I tried inputing just my 10 digit phone number with and without a "1" or a "+" or a "=1" and also preceeding it with various combinations of "011" or "01" with and without a "+" and cannot get it to successfully send me an SMS. I can get other SMS messages on my Mogul. I tired uninstalling and re-installing. I emailed tech support a couple of days ago but have not heard. Anyone know what to use for a US phone number?

I lost my Mogul from a belt clip on a mountainous hike in the woods on Sunday while coming down a rock face and did not realize it until I got home. I went back to find it but no luck. Fortunately a rock climbing group policed the area before they left for the day and they found it and called me and I got it back.

I have loss/theft insurance but I am now a Wavesecure believer and want if on all my phones.