1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Best app for a 'To Do' list?

1. mani99

mani99 New Member

Hi,

Im looking for an app which allows me to create 'To Do' lists, preferably for a daily basis. I know the calendar has a similar function, but I would like one which would list the daily tasks on the screen.

By the way, I've only had the phone a couple of days so apologies if any such app is well known and this question sounds stupid!

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Gestalt

Gestalt Member

I use Astrid myself, the latest version has a widget you can put on the main screen.
  3. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

I like "note me" its a great task app, very intuitive
  4. WildWayz

WildWayz Member

gTask is alright - syncs with GMail Tasks too :D
  5. ButchersBoy

ButchersBoy Member

+1 Astrid.
  6. mani99

mani99 New Member

Cheers... will take a look at both tonight. Need to get organised! ;-)
  7. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

Astrid is good but has poor syncing and tends to be a bit slow, but it has some excellent features like repeating dated tasks, tasks you can hide until a set date, lots of priority levels, tags and other things. Sadly if you sync with RTM (the only sync option) and have to reset the phone, you keep your todos but only with the priority and the absolute deadline, all repeats, hides etc are lost, and text notes get frequently duplicated when you sync. Astrid really needs a proper backup function.
  8. Spacemonkey

Spacemonkey Well-Known Member

Remember The Milk. Slick looking app (even more so on Android than the web) that allows you to create and manager your tasks with tags, categories, reminders, etc. Very useful. Costs about
  9. itsmoirob

itsmoirob Well-Known Member

I use gtask too. It's not official made by Google but works with Google Tasks found in igoogle/gmail/calendar. You can add notes to Google Tasks from any of those other apps and sync with your phone.
    chickusmc05 likes this.
  10. michael_84

michael_84 Well-Known Member

Does that then sync back to the HTC calendar? Set alarms etc?
  11. itsmoirob

You can sync tasks between your phone (gtasks app) and Google Tasks. You can tick off all the tasks you complete through the day on your phone, sync it, and all the tasks show up complete on Google Tasks (and visa versa)
    But it doesn't set alarms or anything, it's only a to do list.

I prefer this over other to-do's because I can have Google Tasks (webbased) in my Google Calendar/Mail/iGoogle side bar.
  12. slbailey1

slbailey1 Well-Known Member

+1 Astrid. It also syncs with your Remember the Milk account. BUT one caution - ONLY create and manage repeating task with either Astrid on the phone or Remember the Milk on the Web. I mange my repeating task with Astrid on my phone. It works great.
  13. ipconfig

ipconfig New Member

Astrid has a lot of features and is pretty easy to use.
  14. Archon810

Archon810 Well-Known Member

+1 for RTM. I just upgraded to the Pro account to be able to use the app (it came with a 2 week trial I think), even after trying Astrid. I prefer RTM much more.
  15. idheath

idheath Member

I use RTM and have paid for the pro version so I can use the proper RTM Andriod client and I recommend it.
  16. rgrandy

rgrandy Member

I am currently using a program called "Doit" which has an awesome interface, I just wish it sync'd with google tasks, that would make it complete. But it is the best I've found.
  17. TheStone

TheStone Active Member

Are any of these free and sync to google tasks?
  18. itsmoirob

The above mentioned gtasks is free and syncs with Google Tasks. My favourite app of the lot.
    chickusmc05 likes this.
  19. theregalhen

theregalhen New Member

I use Doogle, it has a nice interface, is flexible and is the only one that allows you sub-tasks :D which is decisive imho ...
  20. TheStone

TheStone Active Member

Thanks. When I go to the market and search gtasks, only one app comes up
    at $9.99? Is there somewhere else to check?
  21. furball4

furball4 New Member

Try a search for "tasks google". It comes up #1 for me on that term. The market search is awful and buggy as well. If it ever says there are results but doesn't show them to you, kill the market app with something like TasKiller, restart it, and re-run your search.
  22. itsmoirob

Go to this site (on your PC)
    gTasks - beta v0.1.1 Application for Android | Productivity
    And photograph with your phone + a barscanner the code on the side. That should automatically take you to the Market item for gtasks.

Hope that helps.
    chickusmc05 likes this.
  23. abourne

abourne Well-Known Member

24. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

Mobilise Notes Free - a nice lil program, make notes, set them out as tasks tick them once they are complete. Very user friendly, well recommended
  25. rori

rori Well-Known Member

Thanx, I tried it and like it immediatelly..and it can send things to Melonballer too, thats great! :) ( I just don