best app for destroying background proccesses?

Last Updated:

1. 3001

3001 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey what is the best app for this?

I'm using advanced task killer to kill the tasks, and then it seems when i check back there are 12-14 apps open. wtf>:|

It's destroying my battery. I used startup cleaner to clean up start up, hopefully that'll be useful.

but i'm just trying to keep things as streamlined as possible, seems liek a lot of apps dont like to not be active:eek:

Advertisement
  2. LaFlavor

LaFlavor Well-Known Member

Honestly, from what I've been able to tell, it's not the apps in the background that are destroying your battery. It's the task killer. The background apps aren't doing anything but sitting in the memory, which, so far as I've read, doesn't actually use the battery. Every time they reload after the task killer kills them, though, uses battery power.

Android kills the processes on its own if it needs the memory for something else you're doing.

I've used task killers before, and now I don't. My phone runs more smoothly and the battery lasts longer now without them.

3. 3001

hmmm, really. I read something to this effect before. What bout if it's something like AIM running? will it be constantly updating taking battry?

4. bangbang023

bangbang023 New Member

If it's connected, yes, otherwise, no.

I used a process monitor and realized that the task killer i had, at the time, was the most active process on my device (hovered around 12% CPU usage) and removing it actually gave me a little (not huge amounts) more battery life.

5. 3001

what process monitor are you using?

I love my phone but tbh sometimes the market I dont like the search mechanism, it's hard to find useful stuff if it's not in the title name. kinda crazy for an OS made by google!:)

6. bangbang023

bangbang023 New Member

I can't remember the exact app. It was something like "OS Info" or something.

edit: Ok, it's "OS Monitor".

7. 3001

Just installed that app, it seems that the only things really taking up my cpu were the android OS, a game i left open(jewels @ 1% cpu), accounts & sync( at about 1-2%) and OS monitor(is that because it's the running app?) I had a lot of procccesses open, about 50 or 60. hmm.