• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best app for monitoring 3G usage, outgoing calls/texts, long distance?

trach

Nov 17, 2010
i know there are a bunch of 3g monitoring apps out there but has anyone tried a bunch and figured out which is the best?

and is there a good app that can keep track of outgoing phone calls between specific times ie 6am and 6pm on weekdays, or keep track of long distance by ignoring calls made to certain area codes?

yeah i tired call meter ng, but i need something that can track only my outgoing calls only on weekdays, and only between 6am and 6pm. and another function to track only outgoing long distance calls. basically someone needs to create an app that logs calls with the following options:

free incoming
free evenings and weekends, start/end time?
exclude the following area codes
exclude the the following numbers

that would all people to track only billable calls on pretty much every possible billing plan permutation. free incoming, free evenings and weekends, fab/fav/my five, etc..

throw in outgoing/incoming text count too

Upvote 0
Thanks for recommending droidstats nik3t. I got this app because of this thread and I love all the different criteria and how you can exclude people and times from counting toward your minutes allotment. It's very easy to set up. I wonder how accurate it is?

It's as accurate as it gets. The widget though sometimes needs to be clicked so it opens the app and "analyses events" and then it updates. Not a big deal imo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones