Best App management toolsSupport

Last Updated:

1. JiMinitaur

JiMinitaur Member This Topic's Starter

I use Android Mate and Automatic Task Killer myself. Was curious as to what others preferred. They're not perfect, but I keep coming back to these two, because I can't find others I like more.

Why:

Android mate:

• Backup all apps at once.
    • Uninstall
    • App folders
    • Simple cherry picking app killer
    • Integrated file browser.

Automatic Task killer

• Automatically works whenever screen turns off. This is helpful when I reboot my phone and all the sprint junk I don't use starts running again.
    • Option to automatically blacklist installed apps

So how do you manage your phone?

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

If you're so concerned with "Sprint junk" running, why not root and remove it instead of killing it over and over? I also use systempanel, it has a slick useful interface and though I'm not a huge task killer user, the kill all widget is useful on the occasional out of control app. I have quick setting on my phone too, mainly because it was my first Android app. With Android, I don't get backing up apps. If you do clear mem/update and restore, the apps no longer look for updates in the marketplace until you manually d/l them again. I don't find it a imposition to d/l them all again right after a update. Before updates, I use app dragon to email a list of the installed apps. I wish I could find an app that would backup all the account and mail settings including k9, that would be a useful backup. I spend way more time re entering all that stuff after a update than I do installing apps.

3. ubervic.dj

ubervic.dj New Member

Hi, new guy here.
    I'm new to smart phones, and I'm running the Eris. Like it a lot! It was set up with Automatic Task Killer at the Verizon store. I did not realize that ATK can be configured to engage automatically whenever the screen turns off---that's great news.:)

Thanks