Best app to play audiobooks?

1. chrisdorman1

chrisdorman1 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a good app to play audiobooks. One that will bookmark where I left off, mute when I recieve a phone call, and allow me to choose where in the book I want to start.

Any recommendations?

Advertisement
    :
  2. aximtreo

aximtreo Well-Known Member

Try mixzing from the app store. The basic apk will play the audioboods quite well and the upgrade adds the functions you want.
  3. Mec63

Mec63 Member

MortPlayer Audiobook Player. Best audiobook player I've used on any device, and it's free.
  4. kamikazekyle

kamikazekyle Well-Known Member

MortPlayer is one of the better dedicated non-DRM audiobook players. If you're an Audible member, they have a beta app available that works wonders and is available on their google groups site. It even lets you download your Audio books right from the program rather than having to use a sync program on your PC, which is a huge boon for saving card space.
  5. coffeeandabagel

coffeeandabagel New Member

I have the audible beta. Yes it does have cool features (snooze, book marks, etc ect) but its still slow. If you are an Audible subscriber its worth trying - and its free!
  6. feivel

feivel New Member

Is there any way to use Audible player for local SD files? Or is Audible limited to Audible account books only?
  7. skyhigh

skyhigh Member

The Ambling BookPlayer can play audiobooks from your SD card and has a very nice automatic bookmarking system that supports undo/redo if you ever lose your place.
  8. lizzieb12

lizzieb12 New Member

I found a new app for Android called Akimbo Audiobook Player. It has a nice look to it, saves your last position for each book and allows you to easily move to any place in the book using dial.
    It also parses chapter data from my m4b books, which I have not been able to do with other apps.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.akimbo.abp
    Gardenboy38 likes this.
  9. Vincent0033

Vincent0033 New Member

My favorite is ginkgo audio book player (
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ginkgosoft.ad.parrot )
    It has a more intuitive UI (I tried mortplayer but I had hard time to understand the navigation), everything you need at your finger tips, supports both tags based and folder based browsing.
  10. SergeyP

SergeyP Member

11. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Well-Known Member

Audible, its from Amazon. I am not sure if it is on Android, but I listened to a few books on my iPhone when I had it. Then My sister lost it.
  12. Gabril

Gabril New Member

I found this really cool looking audiobook player called AStory on the play store! You should check it out.;)

[HIGH]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Litterfeldt.AStory[/HIGH]
  13. b2013

b2013 Member

My library uses Overdrive and OneClickDigital for audiobooks. Assuming I can get the book onto my tablet using their android app (at a hotspot)..would I be able to listen to the titles while in an area without wifi?

It seems like you should be able to listen without wifi but I'm having suspicions that I might require an active wifi connection to open the app before listening to the book...anywhere. I'm assuming the titles would have to be played using their proprietary apps.

Anyone actually have experience doing this?
  14. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide