• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Applications, Games, Widgets and MORE!

great link lots of noteworthy stuff. Here are my fav's

1. "3" - music player
2. color note - memos, to do's etc. can be widgeted
3. Dockrunner - virtual docking station
4. criagsnotification - automatically tracks items for you on craigslist
5. Fios Mobile & Fios Remote (set up program recordings & the other comes in handy when I can't find the darn remote)
6. Homerun Battle 3d - homerun derby game with brilliant graphics
7. My Coupons
8. Picsay - photo editor with some cool stuff
9. Screebl Lite - power mgt app
10. slacker
11. speed test - good app to check download & upload speed
12. toddler lock - good to keep my toddler occupied without accidentally pressing something on my phone.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!! :D

Upvote 0
I downloaded and install this, but for some reason I can't figure out how to use it. It doesn't show as an available app, but it does in the manage app area for me to uninstall it.

How do I get this to work?

You need to go into system Settings>Language & Keyboards and check the box to enable Swpe. When you tap a text box to bring up the keyboard, if the stock keyboard comes up, long-press on the text box and tap "Input method" then select Swype.

Upvote 0
AK Notepad- Easy, simple notepad app, the best one in my opinion

AnyCut
- Lets you make a shortcut out of pretty much anything, i.e, phone contact, txt contact etc..

Astro File Manager- Pretty self explanatory, allows you to manage your file, windows type style

G-Backup Full (Paid)- Free version is a trial, it was so good i actually bought it, backs up all your sms/mms type of messages to your gmail account

I Music- http://www.greencode.me/ Allows you to download music directly to your Droid, one of the BEST reasons to own a Droid/Android phone in my opinion ( will post link to where to get after work )

Meebo IM- Have all your IM accounts in one spot , i.e AIM, Facebook, Myspace etc..

MyBackup- Backs up all your contact to your gmail account

RingDroid- edit/cut parts of your favorite songs and allows you to set them as Ringtone or Notification, used in conjunction with Imusic and BAM! Iphone what!?

ShopSavvy- Awesome Barcode Scanner

SportsTap- If your into sports, this is the app to keep you updated on all sports related news

Taskiller- Apps slowing things down? Get this to free up space, full version is completely free, even has a nice choice of a small widget or large widget that allows one button app kills!

Upvote 0
Tip Calc - Very cool tip calculator with ability to round up and split among friends.

Bubble - Very impressive level for your phone... Basically turns your phone into a construction level.

Shazam - I know it has been said before, but this app is incredible! It really works to identify songs. Ever have a song that you know what it is and can't remember the name? Ever argue with friends about who did a particular song? Get this!

Evernote - I have yet to use it, but hear some good things. Actually Chris Hardwick and Mike Shinoda discussed (Nerdist Podcast) how cool the app was to organize their lives... You can take notes and pics and whatnot and store at certain GPS locations...

Upvote 0
img.php

There is the QR code for the "3"(cubed) website...i was having a hard time searching for it so i thought i would put that up

Upvote 0
When is Swype hitting the market?

According to someone in the Eris forum who contacted them, it's not. They are betting the bank on OEM.

I can't believe you bunch of slackers are so apolitical <chuckle>.

How about Congress? How about every law that's being worked on? Every law that's been passed in reverse chronological order (although I don't know how far back it goes). Every Congressperson's contact information. Etc. To me, this could the most useful app in the free world <g>.

Upvote 0
Bug Me is a cute sticky notes.

Air Traffic Control Status US if you fly a lot. Keeps widget up to date with current ground stops, delays, etc at US airports.

BART Rider for San Francisco BART system provides up to date live schedule.

Kitchen Timer for cooking. Good count down timer.

They've released a lite/free version of the Air Traffic Control application.

Upvote 0
My Droid is not rooted and these are all free.

Apps:
Caller ID Faker- Best app to prank your friends!Select the person you want to call,put in a number you want to appear on THEIR screen& call them! You can also pick if you want to disguise your voice as a woman or man.

Calorie Counter- Great for those on a diet,but eating out.Select your restaurant,what you plan to eat,and tells you the calories!

eBuddy- One app and you can be logged onto Myspace Im,Facebook,AIM,MSN,Yahoo,GTalk,ICQ,and Hyves at ONE time.

Fake Call Me- App that calls you so you can get out of an akward situation!

NBA Game Time Lite- Great app for NBA lovers.

Opera Mini 5 Browser- Much better browser than the one that comes with the phone.Very fast.

Slacker Radio- Like the Pandora,but much better music appears for me.

Uninstaller- Fastest app to uninstall an app.

Twidroid- Best app for twitter.I've tried them all!

Games:
Abudction
ActionPotato
BeatTheChimp
Bistro Cook
Cavedroid
Dotter
FallDown
Falling Ball
Mazeoid
Papi Missile
PapiOrange
Pinball
Traffic Jame
Whack A Droid
Word Search

:)Hope you all find something new you enjoy:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones