• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best apps for cycling?

I've enjoyed using Endomondo - its a good app with readouts for things like avg speed, calories burned etc and it can also call out your times for each mile you ride.
Here's a screenie from a trip to school that I took a while back :
y8anaqa6.jpg

The only other app I've used is Google's MyTracks which is a lot more basic.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to return to cycling after a ten year pause, and before I get too old and knackered to do it. So my needs are probably very different to yours - basically I just want to plot my routes and know how steep that hill was that nearly defeated me. I've given all the obvious contenders a quick spin and have settled on Endomundo. It gets good reviews but, for me, the clincher was that the collation of routes and data on my Windows laptop seemed far easier and more polished than the other offerings could manage. Not saying that I'm right, mind!

Reactions: Mehta23
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones