• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best apps for recording telemetry while driving race car?

divinebovine

Android Expert
Aug 30, 2012
allofftopic.com
In a few days I'm going to drive a race car really really fast. (The Rusty Wallace Racing Experience, I've done it before and it's a blast!) I'd like to record as much data as possible. I'll have multiple Android devices in my pockets to accomplish this redundantly. They are low-end devices though; Virgin Mobile Ventures, Kyocera Hydro, Kyocera Rise, and one Motorola Droid Razr that will be pretty busy recording video.

What I need are suggestions for dependable, stable, efficient apps to record GPS and accelerometer data. I want to analyze my lap times, maximum speeds, average speeds, maximum G-force generated, etc.

So, who has experience with car performance and GPS tracking apps that might be good for me?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones