• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best apps to purchase?

Hi all, I've got play credit going spare and am stuck on finding worthy apps to purchase.
Any apps you recommend for the general user?

Apps i've already purchased (for use on both my rooted and non-rooted devices):
Poweramp
AVG Antivirus
Ceberus
LightFlow

I've also purchased a few root apps (BusyBox Pro, TitaniumBackup, SD Maid, Folder Mount and Root Explorer) for my rooted devices.

I use Google Keyboard and am happy with that, I also already have purchased the IAP for Watsapp. I don't play mobile games and I do not purchase Music/Movies from Google Play either.

Any recommendations?

Last edited:
Thanks! :)
Not sure what i'd automate though. What do you automate?
ALL THE THINGS!

No, seriously, I do a lot with Tasker. Let's see if I can think of some of them off the top of my head...
  • Automatically load up appropriate driving-related apps/settings when I get in the car (disable screen timeout, load music player in the background, launch the app I use to remotely control my radar detector, create a notification shortcut for launching Maps, Waze, Torque, data loggers, etc)
  • Automatically set my Nest thermostat to Away whenever I'm more than 60 miles from home
  • Automatically reboot once a day to keep things running smoothly
  • Automatically text my wife if I don't leave the office by 5:10 so she'll know that I'm going to be late
  • Automatically log whenever I drive out to the datacenter for mileage reimbursement purposes
  • Automatically set the Media volume to a comfortable level when I plug in headphones - and mute it when I unplug them

There are a bunch more, but these are just the ones that I can remember right now (can't have my phone at my desk at work :( ). Really you can automate just about anything you can imagine.

Upvote 0
ALL THE THINGS!

No, seriously, I do a lot with Tasker. Let's see if I can think of some of them off the top of my head...
  • Automatically load up appropriate driving-related apps/settings when I get in the car (disable screen timeout, load music player in the background, launch the app I use to remotely control my radar detector, create a notification shortcut for launching Maps, Waze, Torque, data loggers, etc)
  • Automatically set my Nest thermostat to Away whenever I'm more than 60 miles from home
  • Automatically reboot once a day to keep things running smoothly
  • Automatically text my wife if I don't leave the office by 5:10 so she'll know that I'm going to be late
  • Automatically log whenever I drive out to the datacenter for mileage reimbursement purposes
  • Automatically set the Media volume to a comfortable level when I plug in headphones - and mute it when I unplug them

There are a bunch more, but these are just the ones that I can remember right now (can't have my phone at my desk at work :( ). Really you can automate just about anything you can imagine.

Thank You! :)
So i'm guessing you've got location enabled?
How does the app know what location is your work, home?
How does it know your in the car?

Upvote 0
1) I do have location enabled.
2) For work, I go off of coarse (network) location. For home, it checks to see if I'm connected to my home Wifi network (a bit more precise without requiring GPS).
3) For car, it looks for my headunit's bluetooth ID.
I'll agree with the tasker purchase. Its well worth it. You dont realize what you want to automate until you have it and play around with it.

Thanks a lot!
I'll purchase and look into it. :)

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones