Best battery day so far

Last Updated:

1. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Don't know what the difference is but:

Charged BEFORE I went to bed last night(usually do it when I go to bed). It was at 100% so I didn't plug it in at bed time.

So far with a little less usage than normal, making about 15 texts, a few e-mails, a few short phone calls, attempting to upload a video, and playing games at lunch for about 1/2 hour straight and another 15 minutes of games later, I still have 70% left after 15 hours 15 minutes after charging.

I can live with this.

Advertisement
  2. esemes

esemes Well-Known Member

32 hours, 7 minutes and at 20%

1880 extended batt tho...

3. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

I once made it 36 hours on a single charge on the stock battery. Don't ask how, I really have no idea. All I know is I pulled it off the charger at noon Saturday, and finally plugged it back in at midnight Sunday (the midnight between Sunday and Monday). And Sunday was a work day. I was pleasantly chuffed!

4. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

Im still hoping for a day I can be impressed with my battery life.

Took my phone off the charger at 9:50.. Just put it on the charger at 4:50 with 15% left. Thats just not acceptable to me.

5. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Are you using it heavily? Because mine comes off the charger before 6:30 AM every work day, and doesn't go back on untilusually 11 or 12 that night. By the way, if you think your DX is getting poor battery life, be glad you didn't go with an iPhone, this thing blows my old 3Gs out of the water! And I'm on the stock battery.

6. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

The most I have gotten while paying attention was 29 hrs. If ur phone is searching for a signal it will eat the battery life. At work I have to charge it up before I leave work at 5. I get to work at 8:30. Unless I use Airplane Mode...

At home? 29 hrs...

But, Airplane Mode does work when in a low signal area. I can use it tho cuz we can only use our phones in the hallway or lunchtime. No phones allowed in the office, or they have to be off.

7. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I think the biggest help is:
    1)Less time with phone use. I know I am using it less.
    2)Making sure the screen gets shut off immediately after use.
    3)Being efficient with phone use.....knowing how to use the phone.
    4)The phone learning to take care of it's own needs...still not too sold on this idea.
    5)Making sure apps aren't working in the background. I had one that did this and I uninstalled it(Bic Lighter).

8. cvfd13

cvfd13 Well-Known Member

1 day, 16 hours, 57 minutes and 10% remaining, so OVER 40 HOURS. I do have a screen shot to prove it.

9. tbAF

tbAF Member

I got 76 hours a few weeks ago, a few calls, some texting, some browsing. Standard battery. I normally get through a day just fine unless I use the GPS for 6 hours and that takes it down to 30%. I've probably downloaded 60 apps, so who knows whats running all the time! I'm happy with what I get battery-wise.

10. Anemone

Anemone Active Member

I use mine occasionally for internet browsing, mini games, facebook, camera, and so far i've gotten it down to 50% for 14 hours off the charger. Never really let it down to 10% since i always charge it when i go to sleep.

11. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

I mean, I use it pretty heavily but not heavily enough to warrent this little battery life.. During the day, ill text but not tons, get on the internet between classes, etc but nothing crazy like that. I see people on here using it more than me and getting double the time from it. I wish my phone worked like that. Id be content with just getting 10-12 hours without a charge. 7 just isnt cutting it for me but I really dont want to get an extended battery.

12. bgillyjcu

bgillyjcu Well-Known Member

WOW...12 hours and I'm happy!

13. voyageurs60

voyageurs60 Member

I was having less than desirable battery life - could not track down the offending application or setting. Did a hard reset of the Droid X and have been very slowly reinstalling my apps. Battery life is now amazing - overnight just used 10%.

Background sync, sync of contacts and sync of calendar are turned off. Gmail is being pushed. No social apps being used.

I am adding back apps 1 at a time - will inform of offending app when and if identified.

14. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

5h 47m since unplugged, screen using 78% @ 2h 26m on.

Auto brightness, all radios on, mostly web browsing.

Ready for it? Still 80% left.