Best Battery Meter Widget

1. mss12

mss12 Well-Known Member

Which one is the most accurate?

Advertisement
  2. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

I hav battery widget, and it seems to do the job. But I def would be interested if someone has one that goes above and beyond.
  3. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I use BatteryLife by Curvefish ... dont know if its any more or less accurate than others, but I like it
  4. DeezNotes

DeezNotes New Member

5. s-one

s-one Well-Known Member

Any of them apps changed the graphical status battery into percentage or something? That's what I'm looking for.
  6. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

BatteryLife alows you to have a widget on your home screen with the percentage ... but I am sure most of them do that. Not sure if there are any that change the battery on the top of the screen.
    erisman1978 and locoandroid like this.
  7. I use "Battery Status" by Monmonja. It adds an icon in the status bar with with the percentage on it. I'd prefer it to "replace" the default battery icon, so that I don't have two... but its not a big deal. It works really well, and seems very accurate. I tried out 2 or 3, and like this one the best so far.
  8. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

any updates on this? i used battery widget, but read reports about it draining battery life. mine hasn't been the greatest, so i uninstalled it and went with battery life today to give it a whirl. does anybody else recommend any that doesn't seem to kill the battery? or is the best way to go = no meter?
  9. GrdLock

GrdLock Well-Known Member

I use this one as well and like it. I like how it can be customized to change colors as the battery drains, as well as displaying info like battery temp and mV.
  10. falexs

falexs Well-Known Member

I've wanted to get an app for my battery, but have the exact same question. Anyone have a definitive answer on this, or an app that will not consume the battery? Maybe one that will only provide the percentage/status when requested, and that does not constantly monitor the battery.
  11. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I dont think there will be a definite answer, but BatteryLife by Curvefish doesnt seem to be a battery drain.
  12. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

I'm trying out Curvefish now. It has nice graphics and customization of the colors. I set it to turn yellow at 30% and red at 15%, like the stock battery. Thanks!
  13. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

I use BatteryLife as well, and it is not a battery drainer. I like the customizable colors on the widget.

I tried another one, which put a percentage icon in the notification bar, but I didn't like it. It puts it on the left, where your notifications go, which I don't like. I like being able to quickly look in that corner to see if I have anything new. If it's empty, nothing new. If there is an icon there, I check it. The battery icon being there was just inconvenient to me... Nothing more than personal preference ;)
  14. ttran97

I dunno...My battery dropped 10% in an hour since I installed BatteryLife. It might just be my phone, but I think I'll stick with clicking on Spare Parts to check the remaining percentage.
  15. nessbuilder

nessbuilder Active Member

I have BatteryLife installed on my phone and turned off all the other stuff and my battery didn't move a percent for like 3-4 hours.
  16. Grizzld

Grizzld Well-Known Member

This was mentioned long ago
  17. ttran97

Since removing BatteryLife, my battery has ony gone down 1% in two hours. So i'm sure the problem is some sort of conflict with one of my other apps. Oh well. I'll try to figure it out another day.
  18. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Well-Known Member

Are these actually more accurate than the standard battery sensor? I would think a memory usage widget would be more helpful in extending battery life.
  19. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

Battery life seemed to be slowing down my phone a bit, I'm thinking it might be refreshing too often. Battery widget works best for me although it is hard to tell if it actually lowers battery life.
  20. yoyohere2

yoyohere2 Well-Known Member

I also have BatteryLife. Works great and doesn't seem to battery drain.
  21. tispectrum

tispectrum Well-Known Member

Tried 3 times. After successfully installing BatteryLife, when trying to open it, I get a box saying cannot launch.
  22. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

that is because it isn't an application it functions as a widget only. add it to one of your desktops.
  23. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

24. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

I downloaded AnyCut app and just set a shortcut to go to battery information. :)
  25. ttran97

Nice...I just added AnyCut. Thanks!