• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Battery Widget out there!

If you are using it just for the info, anycut is much more lightweigt and if you go to activities, testing, and create that shortcut it puts you in the same battery info screens that spare parts and batteryleft do. I never found a battery widget that was terribly accurate and all use additional power, maybe not much but they do. Some even keep the phone awake. Just thought I'd mention anycut since its free in market, and sounds like some use batteryleft just for the info screen.
all the info can also be found using spare parts and various other apps to though.

Upvote 0
If you are using it just for the info, anycut is much more lightweigt and if you go to activities, testing, and create that shortcut it puts you in the same battery info screens that spare parts and batteryleft do. I never found a battery widget that was terribly accurate and all use additional power, maybe not much but they do. Some even keep the phone awake. Just thought I'd mention anycut since its free in market, and sounds like some use batteryleft just for the info screen.

But i don't use it JUST for the info. Just meant that this would be a great app IF that was all you wanted. I like the time till dead meter, plus battery left provides excellent info as well. Personally i'm sticking with what works for me. Apps like this are popular so there will always be a slew of similar apps that provide the same kinda info. And yes not EXACTLY the same info, but close enough that to have both would most likely be redundant.
Again only my opinion/2 cents

Upvote 0
Question - does the app / widget constantly update its projections, or only during calibration?

In other words, do the estimates become more accurate as you continue to use the phone, or once calibration becomes "accurate" does it stop recalculating its estimates?

There is an option to stop calibrating once accurate. So after a few days, you can check that off, so that it doesn't take into account you rarely watching a tv episode or something. If that is something you usually do, you may want to leave it checked off so it keeps calibrating even after accurate for like a week, then uncheck it. This way it will take into account those once in a while things and be all the more accurate.

Upvote 0
But i don't use it JUST for the info. Just meant that this would be a great app IF that was all you wanted. I like the time till dead meter, plus battery left provides excellent info as well. Personally i'm sticking with what works for me. Apps like this are popular so there will always be a slew of similar apps that provide the same kinda info. And yes not EXACTLY the same info, but close enough that to have both would most likely be redundant.
Again only my opinion/2 cents

Dont think I said NOT to do what you want, just brought it up because its NOT an app that runs in the background, anycut is basically just a list of shortcuts to the exact same information found in battery left or spare parts. if my battery goes haywire i check it, otherwise I'd rather not have something else running to that may effect the battery. Just what I do, I'm trying to cut back on my widget addiction :D

Upvote 0
Dont think I said NOT to do what you want, just brought it up because its NOT an app that runs in the background, anycut is basically just a list of shortcuts to the exact same information found in battery left or spare parts. if my battery goes haywire i check it, otherwise I'd rather not have something else running to that may effect the battery. Just what I do, I'm trying to cut back on my widget addiction :D

I agree completely, other than weather widget i think batteryleft is the only widget i use. I am not a fan of widgets in general but from what i can tell it's usage is minimal.

Upvote 0
First time using this widget. Basically I have to charge to full, than start calibration until the battery dies. Then I have to recharge. When I'm recharging, should I have the phone on or off?

Doesn't matter in the slightest (except that in general it will charge 'better' with phone off)
Batteryleft widget monitors your battery as it discharges. That is how it estimates your battery life

Upvote 0
Question. I know Battery left takes a few days to calibrate but mine has been stuck on "Moderate" for well over a week now. I initially allowed a full charge, reset calibration settings and drained fully, etc. For some reason though when I go into the widget and go into "accuracy," there's a little bit of red off to the right, as though it has no readings on full drain or close to it, at least. ANy way to fix this?

If it helps, I didn't BUMP charge when initially wiping the calibration bc I read that you shouldn't if that's not how you're going to charge it all the time. BUT, I have bumped once or twice over the last week. Could that be it??

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones