1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

best battery widget?

Last Updated:

1. tzvecl

tzvecl New Member This Topic's Starter

I just FR my Incredible to try to improve the battery life, and the battery widget I used to have by HTC Corporation is no longer in the Market! Does anyone else have suggestions for the best widget they've found? I liked the HTC widget because you could see more details when you clicked the icon as well as the relatively small icon size.

Also, is it really better to not install Advanced Task Killer??

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

I love Batteryleft (not to be confused with Batterylast). It's a handsom looking widget, and very useful as well. You need to power cycle at least once before it becomes accurate, but after that you will love it.

Also, I just recently found 'Batteryfu' which I am really happy with. It has a lot of smart functions included to help extend battery life. The best feature on Batteryfu is you can set it to turn off data when the screen turns off. I used to always turn off background data, but then when I wanted to cruise the Market I would have to go in an toggle it back on... then go back and turn it off again once I was done with the Market. But now I no longer have to do that, it shuts data off for me automatically. Check it out!

Oh and ATK is a non-issue if you've upgraded to 2.2. Google disabled task killers in 2.2, which takes the guess work out of it at least, right? Lol

NightAngel79 likes this.
  3. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

delete the task killer

battery left is awesome

NightAngel79 likes this.
  4. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

I absolutely love Gauge Battery Widget. It's simple, yet pretty customizable (especially if you donate), and I love the look of the widget.

5. atakin77

atakin77 Well-Known Member

Delete taskiller. Been using System Panel and Battery Time Pro since, and been very happy. Battery life much better after deleting taskiller.

6. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

BATTSTATT. just been updated to include some really cool features. but i love the simplicity of this app.

7. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

Just switched to Battery Left from Battery Life and I like it a lot better.

I'm using Watchdog rather than a taskiller. Used to use System Panel on my Eris.

8. flonkas

flonkas Well-Known Member

Quick battery is my fav battery widget! Works perfectly on epic.

9. steelersmb

steelersmb Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried Battery Snap? I am trying it and it has a ton of battery information. Wanted to get everyone's opinion of it.

10. braj

braj Well-Known Member

I like Battery Droid, not the pro version, just free. I also use Battery Indicator Pro which I bought right after getting my phone, I like it mostly for disabling the lock screen, otherwise I might not have it running.

I also have System Panel so that gives more info, but I leave the logging off most of the time.

11. Xhelight

Xhelight New Member

I use Battery snap too. It is really cool, especially its dynamic graphics. I love "traveling in battery time"!

12. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

+1

[​IMG]

13. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

I found that many battery widgets are a bit misleading, they lag behind the actual battery % info, there are some good ones like battery left but I use one that shows the % in the status bar called Battery Monitor (paid), it's accurate by % while other battery apps I've run at the same time lags behind by 1-2%.