best bluetooth headset

Last Updated:

1. ponchuk

ponchuk Member This Topic's Starter

which bluetooth headset works best for the htc hero. also have anyone use the visor type and what was your experence. Also can you voice dial with your headphone. thanks

Advertisement
  2. ycb04

ycb04 Member

i use a nokia bh-503 that i had with my old n96 and it works great all the buttons work too

3. jarnold

jarnold Member

Plantronics Pro, I think 960 or 980 or some number like that. Love it, works great with the Hero. Only problem is that I cannot figure out how to listen to voicemail with it. (Voicemail stored on the phone, not when I call voicemail by dialing my cellular phone number and entering password).

Jon

4. i3adidas

i3adidas Member

i like the motorola h710

5. jmorse

jmorse Well-Known Member

jarnold, you can't listen to voicemail on the headset with the Hero.

I've literally had a dozen headsets. 2 stand out head and shoulders above the rest.
    - Plantronics Voyager Pro
    - Plantronics Discovery 975

The only reason I replaced the Pro was because it was rendered useless via a German Shepherd attack. Not on me mind you... /mourn headset

The Discovery is fantastic too. I'd give it the nod over the Pro because it comes with a carrying case that charges the headset up to two times. Great for times you're away from a plug and the headset is dying. It's also the most comfortable one I've ever owned. Sound quality is first rate on both of them.

6. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

I have the Jabra J700 with buit in FM transmitter, it generally works brilliantly, with the occasional connection issue, but for

7. nyx528

nyx528 Active Member

8. rrr

rrr Member

Is it possible to use voice dialing with the Plantronics 975 discovery?
    I have never been able to do this on any HTC product regardless of OS

9. jmorse

jmorse Well-Known Member

Nope. Sadly not.

10. ponchuk

Iwas told that the visor type would be the best for in car use occassionally. if so which model have other members found the best for clarity and cancellation of background noise.

11. cciummo

cciummo New Member

I've had almost everything everyone else has posted here and I honestly have to say that NOTHING does the job of the Aliph Jawbone Prime.. Absolutely amazing and works wonderfully with my Hero.. My wife's as well.

12. rrr

rrr Member

Can you elaborate on what functionality you have with the Jawbone?
    Do you have voice dialing?
    Are you able to listen to system sounds and navigation?

13. cciummo

cciummo New Member

I can do anything and everything I want with it. The functionality I have with the Jawbone works ideally for me. The one thing that the majority of Bluetooth headsets other than voice quality, etc.. is that the majority have a REAL tendency to drop the Phone>Bluetooth connection intermittently... Not with the Jawbone. It NEVER drops its connection to the phone unless the battery runs out.. which BTW.. lasts 2 good days and I average over 5000 minutes per month (I'm a Realtor). It's incredibly light and am not even aware it's there after a minute.

Voice dialing.. I've never really been one to voicedial so I can't really elaborate on that. I've tried it out a few times accidentally and it dialed so i guess it works ok. However, the quality and strength of the actual connection is what really drew me to it in the first place.. aside from every other reason it claims to trounce the other headsets with... Which I've found to be accurate. The sound quality is amazing on both ends.. I have people asking me all the time if I'm on a landline and when I tell them I'm driving, they usually don't believe me. What prompted me to really look into the Jawbone was a friend called me from an NFL football game and one of the teams had just scored... and I could hear him clear as day with hardly ANY background noise. SOLD.

System sounds and navigation come through the Hero's speaker.... I haven;t found them to come through to the Jawbone. then again, this phone has ALOT of options and that may be possible, I just haven;t stumbled across that capability just yet

If you buy one, don't spend $130 on them.. I found mine, brand new in an unopened box, on ebay for $85 including shipping and there's more than likely an even better deal out there since I purchased 4 months ago.

14. HeikoMax

HeikoMax Well-Known Member

I agree that the Plantronics 975 is a great headset. The sound quality is excellent, battery life is very good, the charging case is a very slick feature, and after testing the noise cancellation at 70 mph with the car window down halfway with only a slight hum heard on the other end, I can highly recommend it. I like it much better than my Jawbone II that I was glad got run over by a car.

I must disagree however, that one cannot listen to voicemail from the Hero via BT headset. I had been using a Jabra BT530 with A2DP and I could listen to voicemail through it, as well as listen to music and other media. The only problem is that the battery on the BT530 would not last more than about 6 hours with minimal use. That did not get me through the day and had to be dumped in favor of the Plantronics 975.

It is possible to voice dial with the 975. It is not as easy as it should be but it is not the fault of the 975 but rather the Hero. The voice dialing is terrible. I had a HTC Touch Pro and the voice dialing on that was superb. It was really a pure voice dial where you could leave the phone in your pocket and make a call with just voice commands. I miss that with the Hero! :mad:

15. ponchuk

how did u voice dial with the hero. I am curious. explain what you did. I am sure alot of people would like to know.

16. HeikoMax

HeikoMax Well-Known Member

I use the Voice Dial application. It prompts with a "beep" and a dialog box pops up. You speak the name of the contact "at home", "at mobile", etc, or other commands. It came standard on the Sprint CDMA Hero. See the attached screenshot to see the icon for this application.

It does not work that well. It's finicky on how you speak and is ponderous in looking up the contacts. A list is shown if you say "Call John Smith" and that contact has more than one telephone number. You then have to tap the number you wish to call.

Attached Files: