• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best bluetooth headset?

Hi Guys,

I've been struggling with the included in-ear phones that came with my note2, I can't really tolerate any in-ear phones, so I'm going for some over the ear ones, but I figured I'd do it right and get bluetooth ones, so I don't have to fiddle with a cable.

so far the Sennheiser mm450-x ones look the best on paper, does anyone have any experience with them? I'm going to use them for both listening to music, and making calls for work.

How about any other models to consider?

I also saw some threads about issues with sound quality in phone calls over bluetooth, is that a known issue?

FWIW, as a self professed audiophile (all conrad-johnson tube equipment), and someone who really dislikes Bose products, I was given the Bose BT headset as a present. Surprisingly I found the sound quality, and noise cancellation very good. As someone who also despises earbuds, because I have yet to find any that don't fall out, the Bose plug solutulion keeps it in place without issue. They are pricey, but a solid headset.

Reactions: Berdie
Upvote 0
I'm no audiophile but if you have a chance to try out the beats audio Bluetooth headphones, if like to know if they're any good. Can't find any store that lets you Terry them out and the price is a bit steep to even consider without trying. =)

I have the sennheiser mm200, it's decent but lacking in bass and would not be a good choice for a true audiophile. But good enough for me. =)

Upvote 0
I'm no audiophile but if you have a chance to try out the beats audio Bluetooth headphones, if like to know if they're any good. Can't find any store that lets you Terry them out and the price is a bit steep to even consider without trying. =)

I have the sennheiser mm200, it's decent but lacking in bass and would not be a good choice for a true audiophile. But good enough for me. =)

Most true audiophiles detest Beats headphones. You cant get them to say one nice thing about them. I have them as I prefer the heavy bass. Also have a $50 no named brand (over-the-ear) that's realllllllllly into the bass.

For BT functionality I use these. Talk time for me has been 12+ hrs. When one is charging I have the others on. Just like having that spare battery for the phone. :p The current price on Amazon is a steal. When they first came out the black was $80 and the white wasn't available in the US. I had to contact LG directly to get the white pair.

PhotoGrid_1354071198869.jpg

Reactions: Caloy
Upvote 0
Most true audiophiles detest Beats headphones. You cant get them to say one nice thing about them. I have them as I prefer the heavy bass. Also have a $50 no named brand (over-the-ear) that's realllllllllly into the bass.

For BT functionality I use these. Talk time for me has been 12+ hrs. When one is charging I have the others on. Just like having that spare battery for the phone. :p The current price on Amazon is a steal. When they first came out the black was $80 and the white wasn't available in the US. I had to contact LG directly to get the white pair.

PhotoGrid_1354071198869.jpg

Can't read the price on your picture. And what's the brand and model shown?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I live in a windy area, and am outdoors a lot, mountain biking. I listen to music and audio books and take lots of calls in between. Looking for Bluetooth headset with dual earbuds, phone and music capable, with noise canceling mic for windy areas and trail bike riding - so I don't get the usual "I can't hear you over the wind" comments.

I've tried the Motorola S10-HD's and really like them for the ruggedness, features and good sound but the mic still picks up the wind too much.

Thanks for your input.

Upvote 0
I am wanting to change my Nokia bluetooth in ear headset for driving, what Samsung model is best for the Note 2?

The jawbone era has one of the best noise cancellation I managed to find.
The Blueant q2 is very good, too, but typically cheaper.

Not sure if it's important to you, but the q2 has an over-the-ear loop. The Jawbone not really, because the one that comes with it is very flimsy and easy to lose.

Upvote 0
I have read that only certain headsets work with the Galaxy note 2, and I can attest to that. I have now tried the iPhone headset and the Skull Candy Fix headset, and in both cases the play/pause button works, but no volume. Can anyone name some headsets that they have verified work with the GN2?

Upvote 0
I have the Best Buy Rocketfish RF-MAB2 bluetooth headset and it's pretty darned good. $60 through Best Buy, $45 through Amazon. There are LOTS of reviews at both places. I did a lot research before settling on them. I've been a user for two years now and am quite happy.

The sound is very good, they stay on, they are over the ear (ear buds don't work for me), they wrap behind the head (less obtrusive, doesn't mess with the do), last a long time (usually two days of moderate use) per charge, do both phone and audio (play/pause/next/previous/volume up/dn/switchhook), work with my bluetooth computers, and are relatively inexpensive. And NO WIRES :D

The ONLY drawback for me is the robustness. But I purchased the extended warranty for an extra $8 or something and will continue to do so (I'm on my fourth pair?).

* ijhutch *

Upvote 0
I have read that only certain headsets work with the Galaxy note 2, and I can attest to that. I have now tried the iPhone headset and the Skull Candy Fix headset, and in both cases the play/pause button works, but no volume. Can anyone name some headsets that they have verified work with the GN2?

I use LG Tones HBS-700. Left side controls all phone functions. Right controls ALL music controls. I get somewhere around 12+ hrs of battery out of them. When it's time to charge I just grab my other set. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones