• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best Browser

I just downloaded a web browser from the android market called UC Browser which was developed in China. This app is zippy and responsive like opera mini. The downside is that the menu is in chineese but with graphical icons so I eventually figured out how to use this browser. The developer should be releasing an english version for android pretty soon but in the mean time you can try it out.

bad bowser, it wont go to goole, facebook and any news web sites negitive to China.

Upvote 0
This thread inspired me to try steel again. And I love it now. Its crazy fast even if it doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles. Just streamlined quickness.
Do you prefer that or Opera mini? I grabbed Opera off the market a couple days ago and I love how fast it is! But it's the most rigid, ugly, and user unfriendly browser I could imagine. How does steel differ?

Upvote 0
Ive used them all and think Steel is the best in terms of speed, usability, and less clutter not forgetting that its also very light.

Dolphin is slower and feels sluggish and cluttered.

Now using xScope and so far it seems very promising. Light as steel with tabbed browsing and very light nice zoom options and a clean UI. Seems fast too.

The trick is to use a browser for at least a week.

Upvote 0
i personally cant stand dolphin, i did some looking and found that XScope is the best for me, flawless multitouch, great interface, bookmarks is the homepage, plus it is faster than the stock or dolphin, try it out

No such thing as "flawless multitouch" on the Moment (yet?), this is in the Moment section after all. xScope works well, unfortunately the "press and hold back key menu" feature is broken on the Moment. The author is aware of it, hopefully there will be a fix (or we'll get 2.1 soon).

Upvote 0
Started stock, then moved to steel b/c I heard dolphin added ads.
Steel had some issues (I don't remember exactly what anymore... but I didn't like it), so I moved to opera.
Opera was FAAASSSST in comparison but it has serious problems with clicking links and holding info when multitasking (reloads back to scratch when I try to switch between apps).
So I recently moved to Xscope. And I love it. It's fast and it operates like the stock browser when handling web pages or clicking links. It has a pinned zooming feature (similar to pinch-to-zoom but only requires one finger) as well as tap zoom and it tabs windows extremely well. And best of all, it has an exit button!:D

Upvote 0
I use the stock browser and have a question...

My browser always has multiple windows open. When I click on somethin a new window opens up. Is that normal? Is there a way to fix that? do multiple windows drain the battery faster?

Plus if I reopen the browser after closing it, all my windows will still be there..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones