• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best browser

Big fan of Opera Mini. I've tried various other ones, such as Skyfire, Dolphin and Opera Mobile, but found that Opera Mini does pretty much everything I need a browser to do, in a very lightweight and fast package.

I like that it can sync with the Opera browser on my PC, so I can save bookmarks, etc. and reload them when necessary (I occasionally clear out data to remove whatever junk may have gathered).

I "downgraded" from the main Opera Mobile, due to the difference in app size, and there really isn't anything that I miss. It does seem a bit quicker, and I really like the layout. Dolphin is good, but seems a bit clunkier to me.

I'm using an LG Optimus V, which does not allow for flash, so I am unable to use Firefox (the browser I typically use on my PC). But I exported some of my bookmarks to Opera, then to Opera Link to my phone.

So, for speed, sleekness and size, I recommend Opera Mini.

Upvote 0
Dolphin is the only one that allows you to organize your bookmarks in folders like on the desktop. All of the others just have the bookmarks sitting there scattered about.

I've tried opera, xscope, miren, ICS+, skyfire, etc.
Dolphin is much more organized.

Opera mobile and mini both have bookmark folders. They don't have subfolders though.

Upvote 0
Lots of ways to organize bookmarks (better than most browsers). This is excellent for that. Or what I do is just have a Launcher screen with my favorite BM's:

Icons.png

(I still like Xscope because it is excellent at wrapping text)

Dolphin is the only one that allows you to organize your bookmarks in folders like on the desktop. All of the others just have the bookmarks sitting there scattered about.

I've tried opera, xscope, miren, ICS+, skyfire, etc.
Dolphin is much more organized.

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
Lots of ways to organize bookmarks (better than most browsers). This is excellent for that. Or what I do is just have a Launcher screen with my favorite BM's:

Icons.png

(I still like Xscope because it is excellent at wrapping text)

TCAT! You have introduced me to a NEW app today! cool! I am going to download this and put it to use!

Upvote 0
I've loved Opera Mobile until recently. For some reason, a google image search is formatted in tablet display on my Evo 3D. At the bottom of the page where it should have mobile and desktop display options, mobile is replaced with tablet. I haven't been able to figure out why or how to change it. I've been trying out some other browsers but so far I don't like any as much as Opera Mobile before this issue

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones