6. Firefox

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Stock

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. androiduser96

androiduser96 Well-Known Member

Many people (like me) have been trying to find out what is the best browser on our LG Esteem.

I'm undecided, so make your vote to help me out as well as others. Thank you, advanced thanks to all :D

Advertisement
  2. demarsjcd

demarsjcd Well-Known Member

I use them all except opera :D
    I like boat, and a couple of others that I can't think of the name.
  3. androiduser96

I edited the quote ^^ post. Since, I tried to make a poll but didn't work out and now I cant edit.

Thanks for the Opinion though! :D
  4. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

OK. I'm going to be Frank. The best two browser are Dolphin HD and Opera Mobile.

Dolphin HD = for HD content and features
    Opera Mobile = For speed and quick rendering .
    ShinySide likes this.
  5. epayne123

epayne123 Well-Known Member

LoL That's not Frank HaHa that's Fact
  6. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

I'm at a toss up between Dolphin HD and Opera (Full version)

Ps moved you over ;)
  7. androiduser96

I'm undecided between does two. Which one is mostly recommended for speed though?

P.S thanks for the move!
  8. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Well-Known Member

when i just wanna browse speed wise i use opera its pretty quick
  9. redhook

redhook Well-Known Member

Once we get a working ICS ROM the built in version of Chrome will be my browser of choice. You can have it sync with your desktop, laptop, tablet and phone. I'm already loving having the same bookmarks, history and setting between my ICS tablet, laptop and desktop.
  10. yaras1979

yaras1979 Well-Known Member

Dolphin HD I like it
    gbiggie likes this.
  11. ericpanda999

ericpanda999 Active Member

I would recommend Boat browser... Dolphin's mobile Youtube site displays videos weirdly... (not full screen)
    myherojack24 and Pappy62 like this.
  12. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

As I try to emphasize earlier. You guys should just get both. Simple as that lol . Its not going to hurt if you have both really. Use both depending on what their are best at. :)
  13. redhook

redhook Well-Known Member

That's why we have a Youtube app.
  14. nailzer

nailzer Well-Known Member

Opera Mobile for me. It does animation and formats text better than any other browser I've used.
  15. awhite91

awhite91 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Firefox mobile.
  16. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Boo! :p
  17. dulal18

dulal18 Well-Known Member

if you want a super ultra fast browser get Puffin web browser it makes metro's slow 4g feel faster then comcast cable internet literally not kidding see it for your self
    justainchoe, Fuzzy13 and epayne123 like this.
  18. epayne123

Will have to take a look at Puffin, FireFox Mobile may be feature packed with many add-ons and even pretty fast when it comes to browsing sites but it isn't as easy to change from Desktop -> Mobile. The UI isn't as fast and simple as Dolphin for me so I had to switch back.
  19. epayne123

Wow, I believe a thanks is in order... noticeable difference in rendering sppeds for even just this forum here! BIG Time rendering difference for my CarAudio Forum!
  20. dulal18

Thank you sir for trying it out, that browser is amazing in speed, also guys found out something cool about our stock browser type in about:debug you will see some cool hidden option to mess with thanks to mr epayne for mentioning rendering speed which got me interested and researching and stuff so try it out gonna try some more about: codes
  21. dulal18

also epayne while ur at it browse speedteset.net with the puffin browser it will blow your mind
  22. epayne123

I really can't... it wont allow me to test because it says that either I dont have JS enabled or atleast AF10 which I know I have AF11 installed but JS isnt an option in Puffy
  23. dulal18

oh have u set the flash on or automatic on the setting instead of on demand, please try that lol i just want you to see the speed its ridiculous
    saltdiscus likes this.
  24. epayne123

I am using the free version, the app description said that it is even faster than the Paid version so I figured that I would stick with this one LoL

" Puffin Free, a newer and faster version of the Puffin Web Browser, is available for free."
  25. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

I am giving Puffin browser a try and I must say I am impressed very fast and nice layout dump Dolphin for now Puffin looks good.