• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Browser on the Esteem

• Dolphin HD

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Dolphin Mini

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Opera Mobile

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Opera Mini

• Skyfire

• Firefox

• Stock

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think your best bet is to try them all and decide which one is best for you. I know thats what I did and it helped me in choosing which browser(s) I prefer.

Dolphin for "desktop" viewing and surfing

Firefox for mobile and quick viewing pages

Hope that helps just play around you'll find the apps and tools that are right for you

Upvote 0
I'm pretty impressed by Puffin. It's pretty fast but the differences in the quality of flash applications bugs me and I visit a lot of sites that require flash (hulu.com, nba.com, nfl.com mainly). Also, I wasn't able to hit the "full screen" option at nba.com.

I guess I'll have to use the stock browser for sites that need flash and Puffin for regular sites. Nothing seems to beat the stock browser for flash.

Upvote 0
I tried them all and none of them really seemed much better then the stock browser. The only thing that bugs me about the stock browser is that sometimes it is slow, but when I used the ones mentioned here, none of them seemed any faster to load pages, and if they were faster the UI wasn't great.

Yeah I like the stock too(use them.both) They really did a number on the Dolphin one-more of a phone based browser now instead of trying to emulate an internet browser.

Upvote 0
Yeah I like the stock too(use them.both) They really did a number on the Dolphin one-more of a phone based browser now instead of trying to emulate an internet browser.

I love Dolphin. Don't use sonar much but the gestures feature blew my mind. Not really much of a difference from the stock browser in terms of speed but this is definitely the #1 browser for my needs.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Upvote 0
I tried several on my stratosphere and I've been with Boat Browser Mini since I installed it. It may not have all the fancy customizations that some other browsers have but it's fast and efficient which is what I want my internet to be. I have lots of other things/apps that I can spend an excessive amount of time customizing and making pretty.

And I love the little popup that you get when you start to play a news video or something similar and asks if you want to play it or download it.

I also think they they are all very phone/set up specific so what performs well on my phone may be crap on yours. Just my thoughts.

Hope it helps.

Upvote 0
Is the stock browser actually good?

I tried several on my stratosphere and I've been with Boat Browser Mini since I installed it. It may not have all the fancy customizations that some other browsers have but it's fast and efficient which is what I want my internet to be. I have lots of other things/apps that I can spend an excessive amount of time customizing and making pretty.

And I love the little popup that you get when you start to play a news video or something similar and asks if you want to play it or download it.

I also think they they are all very phone/set up specific so what performs well on my phone may be crap on yours. Just my thoughts.

Hope it helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones