• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Best BT headset?

Bearly

Android Expert
Apr 12, 2010
Haven't really found such a thread so I'm posting a new one:

What is the best BT headset for the Fascinate? I understand that BT headsets can be temperamental, and some work better than others (vice versa with other phones), so I'd like to hear experiences with the Fascinate only.

I wanted to get the Blueant T1 but am reading mixed reviews online. The Jawbone Icon The Catch seems decent, but only has 5 reviews on Newegg. Other reviews are on CNet which I can't call a credible source for tech reviews.

Let's hear it!

I have a Jawbone Prime, and have had difficulties with it (I have a couple of threads active on here). On prior phones (Droid, Touch Pro 2, I770) it worked flawlessly.

Santa will be leaving a Jabra Stone 2 in my stocking if I can string together a couple of 'nice' days this week, so I am hoping that will work better. I'll report back after a few days using it.

Upvote 0
I saw on TigerDirect today they were selling the Samsung HM1000 Bluetooth for $1.99 after rebate. I can't speak from experience but may be worth a shot for that price.
Link?
I feel compelled to say two things. One, you tend to get what you pay for and Im most curious what the pre rebate price is. That is $20 BT's tend to sound like $20 BT's. Two, Im not familiar with this specific model but I know I tried out a couple Samsung BT's awhile back [and this is with the Samsung phone] and it was static city usa :(

Upvote 0
Link?
I feel compelled to say two things. One, you tend to get what you pay for and Im most curious what the pre rebate price is. That is $20 BT's tend to sound like $20 BT's. Two, Im not familiar with this specific model but I know I tried out a couple Samsung BT's awhile back [and this is with the Samsung phone] and it was static city usa :(

Didn't know if i was able to post links or not...

Samsung HM1000 Bluetooth Headset - Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR, Up To 7 Hours Talk Time, White at TigerDirect.com

Like I said... I do not own this but thought it was worth passing along. Getting decent reviews on amazon for what its worth...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I just got the Plantronics Voyager Pro like 4 hours ago. Got it working fine and all, just wonder about other uses for it. Sure I mostly wanted it for handsfree calling, but i wonder if i can do anything else.

Like, listen to podcasts, pandora, or use the voice search type things (built in or google maps type stuff). As of now, everything defaults to normal (aka build-in speaker or mic)

Is there any functionality i'm missing out on?

Upvote 0
The new jawbone headsets are good. I am using the hero. They are identical sans looks BTW.

I've been using Jawbones for 3 years now and they were flawless with my Blackberry. I have the Icon now I think and I have had a few people complain since I bought a droid.

I stumbled on a simple test that seemed to prove poor BT connectivity between my SF and my BT. The Nuance (sp?) voice app would never understand my command when I was on the JB but would work flawlessly when in SF speaker mode. So I went into the set up mode of Nuance and tried to set it up using the BT JB ... I couldnt make out what the Nuance voice was saying so I'm assuming the Nuance app couldn't make out what I was saying. It seemed as if the BT was out of range but it was just 2-3 feet away. Maybe its a BT connectivity issue or an app compatibility issue as the Google voice service seems to work fine (but I prefer Nuance)

Soooo .... I guess the question I'd ask is ... is what's the difference in a brand new BT headset vs one thats a year or two old. I'm assuming their may be a firmware or software upgrade but I don't know how or if last years BT JB is better than this years BT JB. :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones