Best Buy Buyers Guide - September Cover Coming Soon

Last Updated:

1. mackeydesigns

mackeydesigns Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can scan it if you want. My wife came home today with the Best Buy Buyers Guide for September and on the cover had the Fascinate "COMING SOON" on it.

I believe they did this with the incredible and it was only a few weeks out. I'm willing to guess we'll see this before October. Would be silly for them to put it on the cover for the September issue and not have it release the same month.

Advertisement
  2. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

I would love to see a scan to relieve some of this anxiety :)

But only if it's not too much trouble.

ckochinsky125 likes this.
  3. Droidable

Droidable Well-Known Member

If u can get it on here thatd be great.

4. lonzom10

lonzom10 Well-Known Member

Yes, I too would like to see this. Please post if you can.

5. aklexie

aklexie Member

Hi. I am fairly new to posting info but I wanted you all to see what I found on the best buy website (current Eris owner waiting diligently for the Fascinate)...

Samsung Galaxy S Series - BestBuy

6. mackeydesigns

mackeydesigns Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'll scan it tonight after work if it hasn't been posted by that time.

lonzom10 and burn1010 like this.
  7. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Coming soon still doesnt mean much i mean it could still be a month out or so lets hope not but i would rather have a solid release date

8. burn1010

burn1010 Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot mackey.

This could be interpreted in a number of ways. If bestbuy knew that the release date was in early Oct. they may have still thought putting "coming soon" was a good idea a month out. Then again if they knew that the release date is towards the end of Sept they could have done the same thing.

In the end, official release dates from VZ can come as soon as 2 weeks before the actual date, so we're back to square one---just speculating. This is so frustrating.

BTW--I'll be hitting up the engadget show in nyc this fri--there will be a samsung person there talking about galaxy phones--will be sure to update live if I hear anything there.

9. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Also they have the samsung gem in there which supposedly was canned and is no longer coming for verizon so who knows

10. lonzom10

Any luck getting the BG scanned?

11. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Why is it such a big deal if he can get this scanned? you can see it on best buy site or go grab one in store.

12. lonzom10

Didn't realize asking a question was making a big deal of it... my bad.

As for the website, the only clip I can find shows the ATT, TMoble and Sprint versions but does not show the VZ Fascinate. I was wondering if the copy was something different than what I found online.

13. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Im just saying you are like hounding him about if he can scan it if its that big of a deal head over to a best buy and pick one up for yourself

14. EliC

EliC Well-Known Member

can you provide a link?

15. Droidable

Droidable Well-Known Member

The 5th post in this thread has a link by aklexie...look up!

16. lonzom10

Apparently our definitions of "hounding someone" are very different...

As for stopping by my local BB, you assume there is one just down the street from me. That's not the case as the nearest BB to me is 30-45 min away depending on traffic... not a trip I care to make for a simple piece of paper. Thus the reason for my single follow-up post.

mackeydesigns, I do apologize if you took my follow-up post as "hounding" as it was not intended as such. Like most of the others in this forum, I'm just a guy who is excited about the Fascinate and eager to obtain as much info on it as I can.

17. EliC

EliC Well-Known Member

Thanks, though I thought people were indicating the flyer ad was online, which is what I was looking for.

18. bxojr

bxojr Well-Known Member

Someone snapped a photo and posted it via Twitter:

b16a2smith | TweetPhoto

Doesn't really show anything that isn't on Best Buy's website (or Samsung's, for that matter). Just a picture of the Fascinate with the text "Coming Soon."

lonzom10 likes this.
  19. lonzom10

Thanks for the link bxojr! Hopefully this is a good sign and indicates the release will happen in September instead of October as I cannot imagine why BB would place such an add for a device that was launching in Oct... only time will tell I guess. Looking forward to it's release... whenever it may be!

20. baseballphan

baseballphan Member

I am with you on following rumors about this phone obsessively. I am ashamed to admit how excited I got about your Best Buy post. I told my girlfriend (yes, I acutally have one . . . for now) about this because she knows how jazzed I am about this and she laughed at me. We'll see who laughs last, honey.
    After looking at your photo of the buyer's guide I couldn't contain myself and despite the warnings to the contrary I went to bestbuy.com where I only saw 3 of the Galaxy S phones being promoted. I am starting to lose faith. I am praying to the Verizon gods. Hear my prayers.

21. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

That Best Buy photo has to be of a product that's at least 4 weeks away. I couldn't imagine such pre-announcement from a major retailer for a product that several months out. Doesn't make sense in the retail world.

22. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

And why does it have to be atleast 4 weeks away? The Epic is on there and it comes out the end of aug

23. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

is the fascinate shaped the same way as the vibrant?

24. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

True.

Well, I mean I have seen retail pre-announcements for products about 4 weeks away, but no longer than that. Because there's been no more word from Verizon about it, I'm assuming it's 4 weeks away at most.

25. SirKronan

SirKronan Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd post my screen cap on here for convenience. I'm really hoping this hits Verizon soon!! I'm so sick of a phone that takes longer to "boot up" and be ready to place a call than the time it takes my Windows 7 desktop to boot up, then my wife's Vista desktop to boot, then my Mac laptop to boot ... CONSECUTIVELY, not simultaneously!!! I kid ye not. I am SICK of the Eris, and I'm on my third one. It's such a piece of garbage.

[​IMG]

h0lby5 and lonzom10 like this.