Best Buy claiming Dinc is DiscontinuedGeneral

Last Updated:

1. wrestlingnrj

wrestlingnrj Member This Topic's Starter

My girlfriend stopped into Best Buy a little bit ago to see if they have the Dinc in stock so that I could buy her one later today and according to the sales rep and their inventory system, it is now a discontinued model and they are no longer carrying it. Anyone know if there is a new sku that will be replacing the current one? I can't imagine that phone being discontinued so quickly after launch. I wouldn't mind going somewhere else to buy it as long as I don't have to deal with any mail in rebates, Best Buy's instant rebates on phones are too good to go anywhere else.

Advertisement
  2. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

They are probably just out of stock.

3. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 Well-Known Member

A sales rep at Best Buy not knowing anything? That's outrageous!

jareth and Sharondippity like this.
  4. jbh00jh

jbh00jh Well-Known Member

VERIZON has them in stock and have not discontinued it.

5. tbdaly

tbdaly Well-Known Member

go online, free overnight shipping, she'll have it tomorrow

6. Rippin508

Rippin508 Well-Known Member

7. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

It's possible that that particular store might have phased out the DrInc. They don't carry Verizon's entire line in every store. 3 top of the line seems a bit excessive.

8. mike1

mike1 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's a lie

9. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Well-Known Member

I once overheard a Best Buy employee explain to a customer that FireWire and USB 2.0 are exactly the same thing with identical connectors and the cables are completely interchangeable. According to him, the *only* difference is that Mac calls it firewire and PC calls it USB 2.0.

My point is: Consider the source.

10. codeyh

codeyh Active Member

Just ordered my Incredible on VZW's site, along with the 2150mAh battery.

They just got back in stock, no way they'd d/c already.

11. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Yea and I'm schtupping anna kournikova

12. codeyh

codeyh Active Member

High-Five! The "lock her in a cage" bit is working, haven't seen much of her lately.

13. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

Best Buy makes me sad sometimes

14. wrestlingnrj

wrestlingnrj Member This Topic's Starter

We both used to work there and in RSS (their inventory system) it shows the Incredible as a discontinued product company wide, that's why I was wondering if HTC happened to have changed something with the Incredible's sku (like a packaging change, different accessory included).

For those suggesting ordering from Verizon, I initially went to buy mine through them, but I didn't want to pay the full amount up front and then wait for a rebate. Best Buy gives you the advertised upgrade/new line price out the door.

And yes, I do agree that 95% of the people working there don't know anything.

15. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

16. Legobricke

Legobricke Well-Known Member

The BEST BUY website indicates no ONLINE ORDERS or IN STORE orders are being taken....

Interesting...

LEGO!

17. AttorneyIncredible

AttorneyIncredible Well-Known Member

While I don't believe anything best buy says, it makes complete sense to me they won't be carrying it as they see it as outdated compared to the other droids now available. I doubt anyone really goes in looking for it, they want the iphone, or evo, or X, or D2, or the samsung, not the Inc. In fact, i wonder if people who don't have the phone have ever heard of it.

While you can get the Inc. from verizon online, you cannot get it in a verizon store off the shelf ( i have been told by multiple stores they will not be carrying it and in fact the stores in my area do not have it as a demo either).

It won't be long till the phone really is discontinued, probably before the end of fall. Its simply "old" compared to all the new phones out and coming out.

18. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Well-Known Member

When I ordered mine online, the rebate was instant. A verizon csr explained that buying in store & through telesales you get the rebate card, but if you order online the rebate (discount) is instant and is deducted at the time of purchase. When I ordered mine, it was $199 on a 2 year contract, minus my NE2 discount (last time I get $100), minus a $30 promo code. My final tally was $69 dollars, I was not charged anymore than that.

My advice is if you're thinking about ordering it from Verizon online, do it sooner rather than later as with all the tech blogs reporting the Incredible as in stock, the ship date will start to push back again.

19. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

When this happened, a puppy died somewhere.

20. Hartsblade

Hartsblade Active Member

Last night I called Verizon to see when the Inc will be in stores again on the East Coast ( I wanted to know if my gf could pick on up at a store). I was told by the CSR that stores will no longer stock the Inc and will only be available online or by placing an order at a company store. They said it is not disco'd but there are no plans to ship inventory to stores.

It was a VS CSR so take from that what you will...

21. DroidDave

DroidDave Active Member

The DInc is probably one of the best speced phones out there. More internal memory than the Evo, better camera than the D2 and much faster than the DX. The phone is so good that the demand is more than HTC can keep up with, thus making it a great phone that will be around for the normal 2 year life of the ever changing tech market

22. AttorneyIncredible

this is 100% true. You can find it at authorized retailers who BUY their stock, but not actual verizon stores.

23. Puppa

Puppa Well-Known Member

Our Best Buy discontinued the iPad. Nuff said?

24. AttorneyIncredible

now THAT was a smart move, stupid name for a stupid device by a stupid company.

25. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Well-Known Member

That's interesting, every store that carries Verizon in my area (corporate and authorized resellers) has some version of it (working or dummy model), even the Walmarts.

If they are only going to give phones that long of a life span, you're going to have people worrying constantly about buying outdated equipment (more so than now). If a person waited one month after release then purchased it, they would have 4-5 months before it was discontinued, which considering anymore the lowest you'd pay for it is $150 for a 2 year contract. Verizon might have to look into 6 month contracts if this is how it's going to go.