Best Buy Droid Exchange

Last Updated:

1. adamman41

adamman41 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

my battery life has been beyond awful. What do I tell best buy for them to exchange either my phone or batteries easily?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Just what you said. If they yank yer chain about battery life being significantly lower than other smart phones, tell them it is significantly lower than other DROID users, and point them to this thread.

3. Holland

Holland Member

I am in the same boat, Today sitting in my treestand my battery went dead after 2 hours of web browsing. This was after a complete charge the night before. It is really starting to get frustrating. There has to be just a few duds out there. My buddy has the droid also and his battery was at 90 percent after the same amount of usage.

I bought mine from best buy also so any information on how to handle them would be great to know

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

My supposition is that some of the phones that are now in customers' hands were initially in the VZW employees hands (I was told by at least 2 different VZW CSRs that they had the phone around to play with for over a week before release).

A lot of people here have noticed that the battery has lasted a lot longer after they have let the phone completely die once or twice and then charged it fully. I know that it has made a difference for me as well - I went from getting 7+ hours to well over 12 b/c I am not actively on the phone much when I have a computer with fast Internet access like I do at home, so you could always try that. Be warned, though, YMMV.