Best Buy Experiences

Last Updated:

1. The King's Eighth

The King's Eighth Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Evo followers. I was just wondering about what people have to say in regards to experiences from Best Buy today. I have an appointment set up after work and wanted to know what the process would be like. I will be a new Sprint costumer (switching from the Big Red One) and signing a 2 year contract. Do they let you open the Evo box and let you set up the phone or do they mostly do all of that stuff? Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. homegeek

homegeek Well-Known Member

It was a great experience. I was out in 30 minutes. They were prepared.

3. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member

Painless, me and some other guy had the first appointments of the day. It took them 30 minutes (but I needed a number port.) They will go through everything, and even offer to setup your gmail account. (I declined cause I'd rather do it myself.)

4. KaeEss

KaeEss Member

Mine wasn't too bad, but the issues with the Sprint system was what prolonged my time there. My store was taking those with appts first and only pre-orders today. Anyone who didn't pre-order was turned away. Anyone who pre-ordered but didn't have an appt had to wait until they were able to be fit in. I was there for about 40 mins, which included my wait time to be serviced. The dude ahead of me wanted to be walked through all the options on the phone and how to use the free BT

5. rudygetz

rudygetz Member

My experience was kick ass....showed up at 9:35 (store doesn't open till 10am) and the door opened to let employees in...guy asks me if I was there for the EVO. He let me in, 15 minutes later EVO in hand, done deal with a free blue tooth. No PreOrder or anything.

6. I[E

I[E Active Member

I stopped in on the way home from work this morning about 10:30am to get the Pt case (phone was ordered through Sprint, should get it Monday). This store had 3 of their 4 stations manned with one guy entertaining the line of 5 people, 3 of which were walk-ins. They had plenty of phones for walk-ins and didn't look like they were going to run out of accessories either.
    The only issue I saw was that their system was running super slow and it was taking a while to process the orders with Sprint.

7. Beautiful*Queen

Beautiful*Queen Member

It was a great experience! A line formed when the doors were about to open, but I had the 1st appointment, so they said 10am apppointment come over here and I skipped the line!!! They did everything for me and I didnt get to take it out the box :(...no big deal though! I was out in 20 minutes and I got a free bluetooth, which im sure you already know you will get...good luck and enjoy, cause I cant put my EVO down, lol...LOVE IT!!!!

8. DeusInnomen

DeusInnomen Member

I got my phone at 8am this morning (I love living on the edge of Chicagoland, nobody else was there but me and the employees) and had no problem getting the phone. They even did the ESN swap for me, since my wife's line was the one eligible for the Premier upgrade and we wanted the phone for my line so she could take my Samsung Moment. Really, the only slowness we had with the experience was waiting for the computers to respond to his requests.

They did push a number of accessories at me, and they actually gave us a Plantronics Explorer 230 bluetooth earpiece for free with the purchase (bonus!) and tried selling us on their service plan instead, but they weren't too pushy.

9. Kidmet

Kidmet Well-Known Member

Wow, awful experience here. They did all they could but had system issues and eventually had to call sprint. Took quite some time. Great service and not quite their fault, but it was bad... 90 minutes later I got my EVO.