Best Buy full for preorders

Last Updated:

1. aquaduck04

aquaduck04 Member This Topic's Starter

I went to my local best buy today to reserve my Evo 4g for launch day - to my utter dissapointment I was only guaranteed an evo from the second shipment, which likely will arrive 5-7 days after June 4th.

The rep told me that HQ sent out an email LAST NIGHT saying all future Evo preorders are not guaranteed to arrive on June 4th. I am the first on the "waiting list" however, so I assume my chances are still good to get one this route. I have no faith in RadioShack and will avoid them at all costs.

Anybody else getting the same story?

Advertisement
  2. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Yeah, there have been others that have posted the same experience.

3. Brumeister

Brumeister Member

I went there Friday afternoon and the BB mobile rep told me that today is the last day to get the pre orders in before they send them into corporate. He believes that everyone that ordered before Friday night will get one on the 4th. Unfortunately I was 24th on the list. :(

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Well-Known Member

I went to Best Buy the afternoon of the 13th and was told that they had already sold out of preorders.

5. neoanderz

neoanderz Active Member

I stopped by Best Buy on Friday about 7pm. I just barely made the list at #43 but they said I am definitely going to be in the first shipment for June 4th. Hope they keep their word.

6. DUBious

DUBious Well-Known Member

RS still has plenty to go around. test the waters. im sure not all of your RS experiences can be bad.

7. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

What is wrong with RadioShack? If they can guarantee you an EVO when Best Buy won't then what is the problem?

8. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

At any rate , there should be enough to go around. Why some people waited this long is beyond my understanding! However, from what I got at Best Buy, its simple. If they have lets say 40 people on the list, Sprint will send them 40, plus around 15-20 to sell within the store. So I'd say most people that got on the list will be getting it on the 4th. And whoever mentioned Radio Shack, there not a bad store to deal with at all. I was in and out. And there seems to be a small Rumor via Engadget, that they will have them rolling out on the 30th! So in any event, everyone who pre-ordered should get an EVO. I doubt we'll see a shortage like the Incredible. I mean Sprint/Google, just gave out 5000 EVO's yesterday at there event...That's a good sign that they have more then enough to satisfy there demand.

9. aaronscool

aaronscool Active Member

The shortage for the incredible is more likely due to a general shortage of AMOLED screens at the moment.

10. Geniuz650

Geniuz650 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling they will be released a bit earlier than the anticipated June 4th. Can I have the link to where you saw the 30th on Engadget?

They should do the same thing like how they did with the Hero, if you're a reward zone member that you'd be able to pick it up a few days earlier.

11. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Lol...those clowns at engadget just corrected there posting. They said its indeed June 4th...and that wimax goes live in the tipsters home on May 30th...uhhhhh, just had the air takin out of me..

12. Nem_Zero

Nem_Zero Well-Known Member

LOL I saw that too... my face got all bright at May 30 :) ...then saw it crossed out like :(