Best Buy: Hero's EARLY release...10/9/09

Last Updated:

1. rjjr2531

rjjr2531 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok, if your buying from best buy, then it may be possible to get the hero this friday. you need to be a best buy rewards card member for atleast 6 months. supposedly they were emailing all of the members a "coupon" to take with you, but i called reward zone and they have been getting tons of -no email- complaints. they suggested i talk to best buy store manager if no "coupon" is received. so i did. he said just bing in the reward card or the info to look it up and you should be fine.

now i have all weekend to play! ;)

:eek::mad::(:confused::cool::eek::rolleyes:;):p:D=in order from saddest to happiest

Advertisement
  2. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Not only old news, but theres not much to back up the claim of needing to be a RZ member for 6 months. As many people say the only requirement would be to be a RZ Member.

No one that I know of, has gotten this mysterious coupon, and everyone has been looking for it. In fact, I wasnt even asked if I was a RZ Member when I preordered mine. So how would they even know to send me a coupon. Much like everyone else.

3. TattierPub

TattierPub Well-Known Member

The 6 month requirement doesn't ring true with me. I joined RZ this week and I'll be picking up my Hero Friday morning.

4. rjjr2531

wooow, try to do a nice thing and BAM! ;) maybe old news, but i never saw a post about the RZ stuff. i was simply reiterating what the RZ lady said on the best buy 1888 #. i had the feeling they were going to be laid back about it. but if it doesnt matter how long, then better for everyone else then.

5. Edaze55

6. rjjr2531

i was only bringing it up bc of the "6 month thing" ... ive learned my lesson. never regurgitate anything from a best buy over the phone lady :cool:

7. Edaze55

One thing that many of us have learned is that no one really knows what going on over at Best Buy.

For example, someone was told by a BB employee that he could only get the "early" release if he was he was a Premier Silver Reward Zone Customer, and to get there he needed 4500 points. Now if you know anything about RZ memberships, to get to silver status, you have to spend $2500 in a calendar year.

Not to worry though cause its the same way at Sprint. There are some reps telling people Hero sales will start on the 8th. The problem with keeping things super sekret squirrel like is that people will make stuff up when they dont have an answer.

8. rjjr2531

i was in retail sales my entire HS and college life and you're exactly right. I'm not used to being the clueless customer, but about this Hero release i was. I myself knew my stuff, but i worked with ppl that would say anything to close a deal or NOT say something important to close a deal. lastly, the way they train a lot fo these employees is just horrible. i remember a few yrs back i refused to go to best buy. they were all pompous young asses. its a little better now, but it was bad. ive been at compusa, circuit city, and sears myself

9. poor_red_neck

poor_red_neck Active Member

F*CKIN SWEET!!!

I called my local best buy mobile and confirmed it... no time limit, just have to be a RZ customer... don't need your card they can look it up.

I asked how many they had and they said if you filled out the sheet of paper and got the $50 gift card (to pre-order) you are guranteed a device on Friday or Sunday.

THANK YOU ANDROID FORUMS!!! w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!