Best Buy hooked me up.General

Last Updated:

1. siggy1964

siggy1964 Well-Known Member

As I posted in the Prime forum, JB locked my Prime up big time so I took it to the Best Buy I got it from and the Geek Squad dude hooked me up. He swapped my Prime even steven for an Infinity :). That saved me $500 since I was going to get the Infinity eventually anyway. I can't wait for it to charge so I can check it out. That being said, I'm kinda scared to try to install JB on it after hearing some of the stories here. Do you think it will be easier for it to install since it's a virgin tablet? I'm gonna ask another question I'm sure as been answered elsewhere, but, is there any difference between the Primes dock and the Infinity dock?

Advertisement
    ocnbrze likes this.
  2. tensazan

tensazan Well-Known Member

The prime dock and infinity dock are the exact same. As for updating, you hopefully won't have a problem, just make sure your tablet is charged.
    ocnbrze and siggy1964 like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

yeah i broke my prime and bb was able to just outright give me the infinty. pretty sweet. i forgot to bring in my dock as they were gonna replace that as well. but fortunately the prime dock works great with my infinity.
  4. siggy1964

Got jb to load. Seems pretty smooth so far. The browser is faster.
  5. siggy1964

The cursor on my keyboard that was attached to my Prime quit working before the JB update so I went to Best Buy to get a keyboard for the Infinity. It actually said on the outside of the box it was for the tf700 but when I opened the box the users manual was for the tf201. I believe Asus is trying to pull a fast one on us even though they are interchangeable. I paid $149 for it. I know this has been discussed before but I can't find the thread after I did a search for keyboard docks :confused: