Best Buy in Heath, Ohio...only 8 Evo's, more then 8 pre-orders

Last Updated:

1. Rolland985

Rolland985 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I called the Best Buy in Heath, Ohio today to try to set up my appointment. I was informed they are going to do it the day before the launch. They had told me that before, but I thought I would try anyway since a lot of people on here have already set their appointment. What I did find out was they are only getting 8 Evos for the 4th and they have more than 8 pre-orders. I was told when I went in and pre-ordered I was the third person to do so. I asked if they were going to go in the order they were taken. he said he wasn't sure. I know heath is not a big market but I can't believe they did not get enough to even fill their pre-orders on launch day. I am going to be super pissed if they use some random calling thing to set appointments. Anyone else think this is going to be an issue on launch day?

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

hmmmm i'd call them thursday morning and tell them "i'm calling to set up my appointment" nothing else to it, if you don't get your phone i'd be pissed off, you didn't give them $50 just so they could have it, you gave it to them to pre-pay for your phone that you now already partially own...

GL and all though

3. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

Repeat after me. Sells people lie, they always lie, they will never tell the truth, they are incapable of telling the truth. The truth is foreign to them. The would rather kill their mother, then tell you the truth.

4. JoshUng

JoshUng Well-Known Member

I'm sure each area is different, when I went to Best Buy, they said they weren't even getting all the phones until Thursday, and thought there was a "decent chance" they'd get more than their pre-orders.

The thing that stuck out to me was that each store could only offer so many pre-orders. I don't know what the number was capped at, but I would say the guy doesn't know what he's talking about, or the store offered more pre-orders than they should of.

5. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Drive over to Columbus :)

6. Ilya

Ilya Well-Known Member

I used to work in retail and was one of the people who refused to 'push' the store credit card. I was talked to about it numerous times but they couldn't afford to let me go because although I was 18, I ran that department at night like it was nobody's business.

Not all sales people are out to screw ya lol. :p

7. Sassy_Lina

Sassy_Lina Well-Known Member

Also it could've been that some of those pre-orders are after the 1st batch of pre-orders, thus they'll receive those in the next shipment. Hopefully the sales person is just outta the loop.

8. TrebleStauter

TrebleStauter Member

Radio Shack at Easton, me, Friday morning.

OP: The person who helped you may have no idea what they are talking about. The first BB I went to, the kid who was working had no idea about the phone or the process, he kept default all of my questions to a higher up employee who refused to address me directly.

So, I walked over to Radio Shack and pre-ordered with them.

Call after a shift change and see if you get the same answer. I doubt you do.
    Good luck though.

9. Agent Jones

Agent Jones Well-Known Member

why all the damn speculation. just wait to the 4th and see what happens. creating a 50th thread about it on the forum is not gonna change what gonna happen.

lol jk, i guess i just dont understand since i writing this on my evo!

jacker and kkcarlson24 like this.
  10. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Best Buy at Polaris :) They know their shit up there!

11. cmanbrazil

cmanbrazil Well-Known Member

Where are you getting your phone sprintfun? I will be at Best Buy on morse road 7AM.:) I figure if anything weird happens I can run to the Sprint store and pick one up -something like we lost your paperwork. etc.

I just looked up heath Ohio. If you get any flack, I would go to the Sprint Store at easton super early. There is also a Best Buy and Radio Shack within .5 miles of it as well. good luck

12. cmanbrazil

cmanbrazil Well-Known Member

Okay, I post too slow.:D

13. katmandoo122

katmandoo122 Well-Known Member

I bet you a $1 that the sales guy didn't know what he was talking about. More likely they are getting 8 Evos in their inventory, which is in ADDITION to Pre Orders. The RS I'm going to is getting 4 in addition to their pre orders (5), for a total of 9.

14. BigRick10

BigRick10 Well-Known Member

Ok so after reading this i decided to call Best Buy. Thankfully they said they already have the phones and the phones already have name labels on them. WHEW!! My appt isn't till 7pm but if they were short on supply then i would be there first thing in the morning.

15. Rolland985

I know you put jk at the end of your little tirade there but that does not make it ok to just open a thread and bash it. No one is making you open each of the 50 threads. I thought this was a place to go and talk about your experiences.. I was just curious to see if anyone else had heard anything like this.

16. Rolland985

Received my call from Best Buy today. They are not opening early but I did get the 10 am spot! Can't wait!

17. gatorchomp83

gatorchomp83 Active Member

The BB employee you dealt with probably just didn't point out to you that the first wave of pre-orders ended on May 21st. After that, any pre-order would be for the second wave, which is scheduled for 3-5 days after June 4th.

They may have gotten 8 pre-orders, but maybe only 5 of them were by the 21st (or whatever number it may have been) and each store will also be receiving a certain number of "extras" on launch date.

18. HTCeasar

HTCeasar Well-Known Member

BB in Akron ... what up! Said mine has a post-it with my name on it waiting for me. Said they'll call tomorrow for appt. time. The wait is over.

19. nickoakdl

nickoakdl Well-Known Member

The only people who've heard of Heath, Ohio live in Heath.

20. DougFunny

DougFunny Well-Known Member

Same with the place i live. lol also covered with tooonnnsss of druggies on another note :p

21. Rolland985

I just wanted to add the Heath, Ohio part in the title so not to cause a problem by just calling it Best Buy...more pre-orders than Evo's...sorry we all can't live in a metropolis like you!

22. Rolland985

I lived in Akron for a while, went to Akron U...I really miss the area.