Best buy Insurance & replacing of the ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Theresa00000

Theresa00000 New Member This Topic's Starter

Best buy Insurance & replacing the Eris

My Husband & I both got the HTC Droid Eris back in April. We were very happy seeing we got them free with new contract.
    Mine has a few not so big deal problems that I can & will live with (Slowness & sudden shouting down the internet pages).
    But his has been nothing but a headache! We have returned it to best buy to

Advertisement
  2. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

Most likely, it will be the Ally. I know there are a couple phones out there that are similar to the Eris in price range when it first came out, but you're more likely to get the Ally because its an older phone. The Incredible probably won't be offered either, because its a much more high powered and high end phone.

You could always fight them to get the Incredible if you really want it, though. Haha.

3. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

If I were in your boat I would keep fighting to get an Inc. IMO an ally isn't any better than an Eris. You could argue that you're downgrading, in your eyes, and are not ok with that. Good luck

4. Theresa00000

Thanks guys! I haven't heard anything yet but If the Ally is offered I will defiantly be fighting due to the simple fact that the only thing the Eris have in common is that they are Droids. My husband doesn't not like hard keyboards

5. Theresa00000

Well he didn't get the Incredible or the Ally but he got the LG Vortex. He seems to really like it! I think it's nice too. We'll be testing it out for a week or so & see how it performs.

Thanks again
    Theresa!

6. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member

Bestbuy's warranty will cover the cash price for your phone. For example if your phone had a cash price of $499, you'd get basically a credit for a $499 phone.

7. shoefelmeyer

shoefelmeyer New Member

I have a major problem with my HTC Eris phone. Bought it from Best Buy in May.

Sunday, it froze on me. Powered off, powered on and it froze on the Android screen. I called Best Buy. I told me how to reset it. It then had this red triangle error message screen. Told me to bring it in.

And of course, they were so busy with this new Droid Incredible offer, that we waited THREE HOURS to have my phone looked at. Went thru the process of going to the Geek Squad after it was determined it needed to be sent to be checked to see if it could be fixed or not. I was told by Geek Squad after looking up the problem on their computer, it has something to do with software. I am actually praying this awful phone will not be able to be repaired. I have had multiple problems with it for several months.

I talked with the Sales Manager in the Mobile department. I was told if my phone is not repairable, normally they would replace it with the "Vortex" phone. I DON'T like this phone at all! It is not even close to the same type of phone as the Eris. I don't want a keyboard. The sales manager knows of the problems I have had with my phone and he has told me he will replace my phone with the "Incredible".

I was told I should know the outcome of this, within 2 weeks. For now, I am back to using my ENV2 phone. It is difficult to go back to this type of phone after having a Android phone! LOL!!!

I am wondering, if getting another Android phone vs Blackberry is not a good idea. I had the Blackberry phone for 3 days when we bought 2 Eris phones for my husband and Daughter. They were enjoying all the cool things their phones could do, but my Blackberry could not. And also they had apps I could not get for the Blackberry. So, I exchanged for this Eris phone. What a HUGE mistake I realize I made!!! This Eris phone has had so many problems. I think we have had my Daughters phone replaced 2 or 3 times since May! If she continues to have problems, she can get hers replaced with another phone also. So far, I think my husband's phone is doing OK. He does not use it as much as my Daughter and I use our phones. So, maybe his will continue to be OK?