Best buy insurance?

Last Updated:

1. scrface

scrface Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I bought my phone through Sprint.com....can I still get insurance through best buy? If so do they have a cut off period like sprint? Last but not least how does the bill show up....is it all one bill or would I have to pay two seperate bills monthly....my cell bill to Sprint and insurance bill to best buy?

Advertisement
  2. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

No you cannot.

3. theintoxicatedmofo

theintoxicatedmofo Well-Known Member

i dont believe so...a few days ago when i walked into a bestbuy store and asked the same question, they told me i would need to Buy the phone at their store and add the warranty for it to be covered. their warranty is $9.99.....3$ more than sprint but then again you get a new one as opposed to sprints refurb program

4. PuRock

PuRock Well-Known Member

I bought mine from best buy and have the insurance. It is $3 dollars more but the bright side is like you said, you get a new phone and there is no deductible. Whereas Sprint I think has a $50 deductible.

5. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

Yes, but IIRC, the Best Buy insurance does not cover lost/stolen phones.

6. twincitiesjhawk

twincitiesjhawk Member

I just canceled my BB insurance and went with Sprint's TEP b/c of the hassle BB will put you through.

A friend of mine broke his pre 3 weeks ago and BB sent it in for a replacement and he still does not have his pre back. They gave him a Blackberry curve as a loaner ($150 deposit down for the loaner) and they said if he doesnt get the pre back after a month, they'll then give him a new one out of the box.

7. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

I just got the squaretrade insurance for the evo I just activated. Got for $115 2yrs with the July 4th discount.

8. imageher

imageher Active Member

I've alway been able to get a replacement right away only if they have it in stock. If not you can have them call other best buy store to see if they have it in stock.. Their insurance allow you to go to any best buy store to get your defective phone replace. I've never had any issue doing so. When my Evo had major light leakage I basically call around to see which BB had the evo in stock and stop by and got it swap right away with no question ask.