• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy just called!!!!!!

I'm in Dallas, Tx. I was the first to pre-order at my BB and there was no discussion at that time as to making an appointment to pick up my phone on the 4th. After reading this forum I started to panic because I hadn't received a call yet...so I called and the BB rep told me that she was going to wait until June 1st to call. She said the store was going to open at 7:30am on the 4th and asked me if I wanted to go ahead and make an appointment for that time...naturally I said yes. She said that store has 50 pre-orders and I'm number 1! Yay for me! :):D

Upvote 0
Got a call from best buy on morse road in Columbus Ohio. They asked what time I wanted to come in. The guy said they would open at 7am. Of course I said 7.;) I guess sprint will be available to activate it that earl?. They even told me that they would pre install a zagg screen protector to be ready when I arrived. Nice. However, the $23 charge was too much for me, so I had to pass.

There is one other person scheduled for 7 as well. Its good for me, so if any kind of meeting springs up, I will still be able to get the phone.:)

Upvote 0
Got a call from best buy on morse road in Columbus Ohio. They asked what time I wanted to come in. The guy said they would open at 7am. Of course I said 7.;) I guess sprint will be available to activate it that earl?. They even told me that they would pre install a zagg screen protector to be ready when I arrived. Nice. However, the $23 charge was too much for me, so I had to pass.

There is one other person scheduled for 7 as well. Its good for me, so if any kind of meeting springs up, I will still be able to get the phone.:)

I pre ordered at BB on 256 and they said they were opening 30 mins early, so I called morse rd and they said they were opening at 10am, so please make sure its 7am before you go up there, just a heads up.

Upvote 0
Yeah I got my call today. Appointment is @ 10 am. Now I just have to wait eagerly. We need an Evoholics thread. My excitement is exacerbated by the fact that the phone seems to be top notch. All negatives mentioned are things I've already considered and can live with. Man oh man where art thou my Evo?

Upvote 0
I got an eight AM pickup time at my local sprint authorized retailer. I canceled my radio shack pre-order because of some issues w/ the manager at that store. Went and put my pre-order in at the SAR, and since nobody else wanted to be there that early, I said that I would. She has 70 pre-orders, I was number 70 but got the earliest pick up time. Adding a 2nd line to get it at the $200 price tag and then letting my friend use the 2nd phone number. She has a hero already that we'll just put on my account since she's not in contract.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones