Best Buy just called!!!!!!

Last Updated:

1. Liberated

Liberated Member This Topic's Starter

They just called me and gave me my appointment time!!! 11:00 AM can't wait to hold my EVO:D

Advertisement
  2. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

I thought there were calling the day before to schedule appointments?

3. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

i shceduled mine on the 16th when i actually pre-ordered... 9am baby!!!!

4. prettycocky

prettycocky Member

Dang it! Im trying to get mine on the 6th....The anticipation is killing me!!

5. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

If there are done with preorders they may as well get that out of the way.
    8am the Shack

6. flip603

flip603 Well-Known Member

did you preorder?

7. Liberated

Liberated Member This Topic's Starter

I wanted an earlier appointment but I was # 13 in line and the earliest available was 1100, they guaranteed a phone this time.

8. greenhand

greenhand Member

Best Buy doesn't carry Sprint here, so I go in on the 3rd, and they overnight me the phone. :)

9. JustFrozen

JustFrozen Well-Known Member

crap i'm going to have to go in again and talk to them just to make sure i'll be taken care of

10. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I did mine at Radio Shack so I'm just showing up after work that day around 4. Awesomeness shall ensue.

11. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I received a call too, they were extremely flexible with times and the guy even said if I needed Zagg installed to let him know and he would have it installed before I got there. I said no thanks I want to unbox it first :)

12. timlot1

timlot1 Active Member

Just left my bestbuy to inquire about appointment. They said they would call the day before release to schedule. He did mention they were going to be scheduling according to preorder number, so since I'm number 2 I'll be there at 9am.

13. taylor7667

taylor7667 Active Member

I'm in Dallas, Tx. I was the first to pre-order at my BB and there was no discussion at that time as to making an appointment to pick up my phone on the 4th. After reading this forum I started to panic because I hadn't received a call yet...so I called and the BB rep told me that she was going to wait until June 1st to call. She said the store was going to open at 7:30am on the 4th and asked me if I wanted to go ahead and make an appointment for that time...naturally I said yes. She said that store has 50 pre-orders and I'm number 1! Yay for me! :):D

14. katmandoo122

katmandoo122 Well-Known Member

Ticks me off...I was the first Pre Order at my best buy but they won't do appointments. They just keep saying...get here early and stand in line. Well, I will...at Radio Shack, where they set an 8:30 (pre open) appointment for me.

Being Silver at Best Buy is likely going away over this one.

15. vkdroid

vkdroid Well-Known Member

I assume the number they wrote on that preorder sheet is your place in the queue eh?
    Had trouble making up my mind, preordered on 5/19, #47 :(

16. bbenny

bbenny Member

question:

Did they call from an "unknown" number? I don't answer those, and i had one just call. thx.

17. cmanbrazil

cmanbrazil Well-Known Member

Got a call from best buy on morse road in Columbus Ohio. They asked what time I wanted to come in. The guy said they would open at 7am. Of course I said 7.;) I guess sprint will be available to activate it that earl?. They even told me that they would pre install a zagg screen protector to be ready when I arrived. Nice. However, the $23 charge was too much for me, so I had to pass.

There is one other person scheduled for 7 as well. Its good for me, so if any kind of meeting springs up, I will still be able to get the phone.:)

18. prettycocky

prettycocky Member

yea best buy, hopefully they let me pick it up the 6th. Its going to be awesome, I already have my apps ready waiting to be installed.

19. Beautiful*Queen

Beautiful*Queen Member

I pre ordered at BB on 256 and they said they were opening 30 mins early, so I called morse rd and they said they were opening at 10am, so please make sure its 7am before you go up there, just a heads up.

20. Sassy_Lina

Sassy_Lina Well-Known Member

Yeah I got my call today. Appointment is @ 10 am. Now I just have to wait eagerly. We need an Evoholics thread. My excitement is exacerbated by the fact that the phone seems to be top notch. All negatives mentioned are things I've already considered and can live with. Man oh man where art thou my Evo?

21. done12many2

done12many2 Member

I wasn't offered a Zagg install, but they did give me the first appointment of the day for my local store. 8 am on the 4th it is!

22. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Im going to call Radio Shack on Monday just to make sure they are going to have mine. If not I will just order it online from Sprint the morning of the 4th.

23. stroths

stroths Well-Known Member

No call from mine yet. I called today and they verified I was in the first batch, so I would be getting mine. They said they would call the day before or the day of to setup appts.

24. mshank74

mshank74 Member

June 4th 10:00 AM at Best Buy is mine. The anticipation is killing me.

25. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

I called them today, and the store I pre-ordered from said that the manager would be calling in the next couple of days to get appointments set up.