Best Buy Lost My Business

Last Updated:

1. paramedtim

paramedtim Member This Topic's Starter

We called BB this morning to see if the Droid X came in. I was number 8 on the perorder list. They got 2. My wife was told when she preordered they would get enough to cover all the preorders. Today they say they were told a week ago that they would only be getting 2. The *(&&**(&*(*'s were trying to sell their 50 dollar gift cards and pulling the wool over everyones eyes. I'm taking the card back and shoving it somewhere if they don't give me my money back.

Advertisement
  2. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

My BB was the exact same way. Luckily for me I had a 10:00 appointment and was pre order# 2

3. Garrett67

Garrett67 Well-Known Member

I've had Best Buy screw me over more than once.

4. Deathshead

Deathshead Well-Known Member

why didnt you just order via verizon telesales and get the $30 off discount and free overnite shipping?.

5. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

The $50 gift card is fully refundable I believe.

Aookay likes this.
  6. TXSooner

TXSooner Well-Known Member

Yes, it is fully refundable.

7. maniacman54

maniacman54 Well-Known Member

My BB only got 2. i was number 3. They lost mine. Ordered through verizon and getting tomorrow.

8. benjiedude

benjiedude Well-Known Member

They lost my business because Wal Mart sold me the phone early yesterday and at full price of $529. When I went in to get a refund on the gift card today at BB I went prepared with a printout of the BB forum FAQ on Droid X preorders. At first they said they couldn't do it but after showing them the print out I took they cashed it out and gave me the money. I would suggest you take print out like I did. Crazy thing is that the rep showed me the sticker for Droid X pricing and they are selling it at full retail for $699 (ouch)!

9. paramedtim

Because where I live they were offering 2 day service. It would have been Monday before I got it.

10. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

I was told it's not refundable.

11. irod87

irod87 Banned

It's fully refundable....just don't go in like a mad man and it will make things much easier for you.

12. paramedtim

We did take the receipt for the gift card and the paperwork for the pre-order and they gave us the refund. The store manager told us that Verizon and Motorola just discovered that they didn't have enough parts to make enough so they had to recall all the orders. He said that none of the Verizon stores in town had any either. BS. We had called one of the stores while enroute and they said they had a launch party last night and sold about 25 and still had 5 or 6 left. When we told him that he about had stroke. I ended up getting the last one from the Verizon store.

13. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Do you have the link to the printout you had i am in the same boat went to vzw and got it but would like my $50 back

14. benjiedude

benjiedude Well-Known Member

15. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

16. pinhead875

pinhead875 Well-Known Member

My local BB had a cabinet full of them. I was the first appt. :D

17. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

my best buy still has yet to call me ....... i got my x at 8 am at the times square vzw in nyc

good thing i didnt rely on bb.

18. derekisdman

derekisdman Member

Ha. I was #2 on the pre-order list. I ordered mine on Verizon's site last night (for about $60 cheaper). Went in today to tell them they could sell my pre-order... They didn't even have me registered as having pre-ordered it (as I'm standing there with my pre-order receipt and $50 gift card.

19. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

I was number 7 at a BB in the metro Phoenix area. I decided, however, to go to a lesser known VZW store (a former AllTel location) this morning to pick up my phone. Took me 2 hours of waiting thanks to their data problems... oh well! On the plus side they fixed me NE2 date so I walked out the door with a $212 Droid X (and a $100 MIR on the way). I'd say that was well worth the annoyance of missing an hour of work and waiting two hours! :D

I just got off the phone with BB to cancel my appointment to pick up my pre-order phone. The BBYM guy who answered sounded none too happy that I dared cancel my pre-order! Oh well... VZW stepped up and made it worth my while! :cool:

20. gshocker

gshocker Member

Not sure how many my Best Buy got but when the sales person opened the cabinet to get mine out it looked like they have at least 20 or them in there. Lots of Droids in there as well. When I asked he told me they were able to fill all the pre-orders they they took but were sold out. I was first on the list and the first to grab it this morning.

21. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

lol thats exactly my story!!!!! s#it man, that is pretty funny...considering the exact details.

22. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

That first part sure sounds like a load of BS. Why would they recall the phones because they suddenly discovered they didn't have enough parts to make more? LOL

I bet VW doesn't have any any longer.

23. Ringhale

Ringhale Well-Known Member

Forgive me of my ignorance but how do you get the $30 off discount and free over night shipping..?

24. abadgti

abadgti Well-Known Member

Yea how do you get the $30 discount?

25. smartgroup

smartgroup Member

Hi All,

Same situation with me. I was #9 but the Best Buy that I pre-ordered got about 3. I know that the gift card is refundable but what a waste of time. Anyways I ordered through Wirefly which is much cheaper $180 with no tax for me and after $50 Bing will come to $130. I hope Wirefly ships it soon.

Best Buy even had 2 pre-order promotions. What a joke.