• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Best Buy now carries the the pearl white cases

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

Took my sister to Best Buy yesterday so she could get a Platinum (Seidio) case from them, and to my shock they were carrying the pearl white cases. All the Platinum cases are the newer style now with the rubberized coating on the inside to prevent scratches and the full length felt on the inside.

Reactions: Wifi-Naught Odin
Ah, that makes sense then. I was thinking the laptop had to be silver. Thanks for the heads up on the case. Im going to get a white case of some sort, but dont know which kind yet. I wish the case mate barely there came in more colors.

offtopic but what laptop is that? Ive never seen white on black and wouldnt mind checking it out.

Upvote 0
what HORRIBLE pictures

Taken with my evo in a low light situation. Pics are only for reference not for review or to be "pretty" so I wasn't gonna waste my time getting out my DSLR

Are you guys sure that all platinum cases have the new design that doesn't scratch.

They seem to be, my sister also bought a purple Platinum case(was the improved design) but returned it for the black case later that day. the black case is also the new design.

If you opt to get one, open the packaging from the bottom in the store, since it's not sealed there to inspect the case so that you can be sure it's the new design. Or ask the employees to open it for you so that you may check it, the BB employees opened it for me no problem

Reactions: glockman305
Upvote 0
Question:

If the bb Platinum Series are made by Seidio, are they the same thing as the Innocase™ II Surface but just outlet-branded by BB?

cuz i was planning on ordering one of these...
Innocase II Surface, For use with HTC EVO 4G - Pearl White

But if they're the same I'd rather go to BB. $5 cheaper plus no shipping, no wait etc...

What details am I supposed to look for to make sure I'm getting the new-and-improved version (never seen the old one) or are all the Pearl White BB Platinums already improved? :thinking:

Yes the cases sold at BB are exactly the same, just re-branded into the Platinum series. I originally bought my case (gunmetal grey) at BB and returned it to Seidio for a newer version. Exactly the same except the little logo on the back.

To make sure the case you are buying is the updated one, make sure that the felt on the inside goes above the camera cutout. The old version does not completely go around the cut out only up the sides. The new version is also also rubberized on the inside. The old ones were shiny plastic with no rubber coating.

If you want pictures check here and scroll down to the picture of the white cases in the first post: http://androidforums.com/reviews-ev...update2-new-revision-rubberized-interior.html

Upvote 0
Yes the cases sold at BB are exactly the same, just re-branded into the Platinum series. I originally bought my case (gunmetal grey) at BB and returned it to Seidio for a newer version. Exactly the same except the little logo on the back.

To make sure the case you are buying is the updated one, make sure that the felt on the inside goes above the camera cutout. The old version does not completely go around the cut out only up the sides. The new version is also also rubberized on the inside. The old ones were shiny plastic with no rubber coating.

If you want pictures check here and scroll down to the picture of the white cases in the first post: http://androidforums.com/reviews-ev...update2-new-revision-rubberized-interior.html

Thanks. Just picked one up after reading this. Fits like a glove. (Now how on earth am I supposed to take the thing off If I ever want to??? :cool:)

Upvote 0
Thanks. Just picked one up after reading this. Fits like a glove. (Now how on earth am I supposed to take the thing off If I ever want to??? :cool:)

To remove, just press in the center of the bottom half of the case as you pull apart

I would love the pearl white. Does the white show dirt easily? How much is it at bb? I want pink too now.

My case fits great too, no squeaks or anything. Hasn't shown any dirt yet.... but it's only been like a week and i try to not touch my phone with dirty hands :p

cost is 24.99 at BB

Upvote 0
To confirm a few things...

1. Yes, bb does carry the new pearl white.

2. Yes, it is the redesigned case with felt above camera and rubber inside.

3. Yes, it is made by seidio under the name of platinum. It is the same as any innocase.

I just returned from best but with my pearl white case. It was the only one they had left and the color I wanted!

Upvote 0
To confirm a few things...

1. Yes, bb does carry the new pearl white.

2. Yes, it is the redesigned case with felt above camera and rubber inside.

3. Yes, it is made by seidio under the name of platinum. It is the same as any innocase.

I just returned from best but with my pearl white case. It was the only one they had left and the color I wanted!

'What he said.' I can confirm this too.

and

4. My pearl white was $24.99 at bb in California. $5 cheaper than seidio.com

here's a link (though they haven't updated their site to reflect the white release)
evo case - BestBuy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones