Best buy pre order BIG DEAL!

Last Updated:

1. Leodoc

Leodoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So i just read something in Best Buy's email that was quite surprising...here is what i noted:

1. There is no longer a automatic rebate like there was with the palm pre. According to best buy's email, you will pay $299 up front for the phone and turn in a MAIL IN REBATE. here is the quote from the email :

"Phone Offer: While supplies last. $449.99 - $150.00 (two-year activation) - $100.00 (mail-in rebate) = $199.99 (final price). Mail-in Rebate: Requires activation at the time of purchase. Line must be active 30 consecutive days. Allow 10 to 14 weeks for rebate. Upgrade: Existing customers in good standing with service on the same device for more than 22 consecutive months currently activated with a service plan of $39.99 or higher may be eligible. See in-store rebate form, sprint.com/upgrade for details."

2. This is also available in the above text. Your line has to be active for 30 days! This means all the first day pre buyers like me will NOT be able to purchase the phone on the day it comes out. I had intentions of buying it under one of my other lines (that is available for upgrade), then go over to sprint and switch the number to my line. This will not be an option unless you are willing to lose the mail in rebate.

This sucks! This makes it impossible for the first day pre owners to get their hands on the phone on June 4th =\

Looks like I may be stuck waiting till June 6th

What do you guys think?

Advertisement
  2. S00NR1

S00NR1 Well-Known Member

I think the 30 days means you have to keep the line active for 30 days or you will forfeit your mail-in rebate.

3. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

I am sorry where are you reading this? The email that I got says. And it says nothing about june 6th?

4. Leodoc

What I am saying is that because of those statements, people like me (who bought the pre on day 1 last year) will have to wait till june 6

5. clickclack

clickclack Well-Known Member

Why June 6th, the phone will be available everywhere on the FOURTH!

6. krue92

krue92 Member

7. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Yeah, launch day Pre owner here. Mine is June 1st as well. I can pre-order and then pick it up on the 4th just fine.

My only concern is the rebate part. I really hate mail in rebates.

8. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Sprint is willing to give you a two week grace period, on your eligibility date. I know - I've been fighting with them to try and get mine bumped (August 1st).

9. krue92

krue92 Member

If you preorder a phone, does that mean your guaranteed to get one on June 4th? I would rather preorder than stand in line at a sprint store like I did for the pre. Just wanted to make sure I got my hands on one that day. Thanks

10. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

Can someone call or visit Best Buy to verify that it is a mail-in rebate? Radio Shack and Best Buy don't open for an hour and a half here. Not sure which one I should go to...

11. BeLikMike23

BeLikMike23 Well-Known Member

Am I the only seeing this or am I just reading it wrong? My understanding with the bold writing above is that for an upgrade you can get the instant rebate, but for taking out a new plan (new customers), the phone must be active for 30 days before you are eligible for the rebate. Makes perfect sense to me.

Covert_Death likes this.
  12. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

I called a Best Buy store in New York (I live in CO), and the guy at the mobile counter said that the rebate would be instant. He said it's "Always an instant rebate here at Best Buy Mobile".

13. Leodoc

I got the same answer from a guy at best buy here in Michigan..."we always offer direct rebates."

dunno what to make of that?

14. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link above. It says my upgrade date is July 1. I thought it was July 12 all along.

15. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Depending on the day of the month, Sprint just rounds up to the 1st of the month I believe.

16. reneeb

reneeb Well-Known Member

I just got back from Best Buy. The guy told me instant rebate. Paid my $50 to pre order, and I'll be back on June 4 to give him $149...yay!!

17. Outrigger

Outrigger Well-Known Member

I live in NYC and I called the BB here in manhattan and I was told it would be $50 for pre order and on June 4th you pay the balance of $149. Total price is $199. They do instant rebate so its not $299 upfront like it is with Sprint. And pre order GAURANTEES you a phone on launch day. I can't speak for other locations.

18. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

yea if it is before the 15th it'll say the 1st cause that is how much wiggle room they are willing to give

19. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

all you guys that don't understand the pre-order fully just wait.... there is NO DIFFERENCE in pre-ordering today than there will be june 3rd... if you pre-order then you are guaranteed a device, so wait till you understand the terms fully then go pre-order

20. RedWingsFan

What sucks is on July 1 I can't get out of work at lunch because of an audit and right after work i'm driving to Detroit to visit family. So i'll have to pick one up in Detroit on the 2nd.

21. dxCoqui

dxCoqui Well-Known Member

There must be a BB on the way, I assume...;)

22. Federer

Federer Well-Known Member

My BB told me that they usally get 4-5 more phones than they take pre orders for. So if you pre order on june 3rd it will prob be too late. They also just gave me a gift card that I can return if I change my mind. So why not just pre order with BB to have one for sure. I ordered two incase my wife wants one, and if she doesnt then I can use the $50 gift card toward my evo or sell the pre order to someone who is there wanting an evo but did not pre order. win win..

23. Outrigger

Outrigger Well-Known Member

That is correct. There IS a difference between preordering now and June 3rd. Depending on where the BB is, they don't get an unlimited quantities, so if they only get 25 Evos and theres already 25 or more preorders by next week, guess what, the list will be closed.

24. RedWingsFan

It is already a 8.5 hour drive, so I don't think I could convince the family that we need to make the drive any longer so Dad can get a new toy.

July 2nd also happens to be my sister's birthday. So i'll head to Best Buy early to "pick up a present for my sister" and accidentally come back with a new phone.

25. endoracing

endoracing Member

I pre-ordered on the 14th at best buy and was told that they had been taking orders since sunday and had already had a lot.

They also said that the pre-order does not guarantee me a phone on June 4th because they dont know what quantities they will be recieving. Now I'm mad that I didnt go to Radio Shack since the 14th was the first day of pre-ordering for them and I probably would have been one of the first orders.

If the best buy is in a busy area and the pre-order was within the first week, what are the odds they will get enough to cover it ?

And what is the point of a pre-order if you arent guranteed a phone? Shouldn't they know this before they take your money ?