Best Buy Preorder?

1. lonzom10

lonzom10 Well-Known Member

So has any of the Best Buy Reward Zone members rushed out to their local Best Buy to pre-order the Fascinate yet? If so, how did it go? What all did the process entail? Did they give you any info on the phone? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Advertisement
  2. eleazar

eleazar Well-Known Member

I was wondering this as well. Anybody know the full retail price? I assume it'll be $550 just like AT&T and T-Mobile, but I was hoping it'd be lower. :)
  3. Jrid32

Jrid32 Active Member

Why would someone preorder unless we knew for sure the specs?
  4. ghdtpdna

ghdtpdna Well-Known Member

What don't you know?
  5. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio Well-Known Member

guess he missed all the other Galaxy S phones out there, and hasn't been to the samsung site....
  6. eleazar

Maybe he means we don't know the final RAM count?

Either way, I just want a confirmed full retail selling price. I'm selling my Incredible this weekend and I want to make sure I get enough (ie. $350) so I only have to pay $200 out of pocket for this.
  7. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

8. lonzom10

9. Jrid32

Jrid32 Active Member

Exactly!!! With no confirmed specs.....ROM/RAM ect;.
  10. lonzom10

I've never went through the Pre-order process with Best Buy so I'm not sure what all is involved but I've been wondering myself how a retailer could offer pre-order and/or a customer could pre-order a product without knowing the price?
  11. TheAlmightyDrew

TheAlmightyDrew Well-Known Member

Don't quote me on this because I don't exactly know how it works, however I think I have some idea. I think you have to place a $50 deposit down to reserve the phone and that deposit comes in the form of a $50 Best Buy gift card which you will use when you come to pick up your phone.

I am not sure what happens if you end up not wanting the phone.
  12. hanano17

hanano17 Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered one an hour ago. 50 bucks down, you sign some crap and they give you a receipt and card. I'm guessing its 550 like the vibrant/captivate. I am also selling my Dinc, but I'll wait until I get the phone or near its release (if I use ebay).
  13. TheAlmightyDrew

I hope that it is going to be $199.99 with a 2 year contract like the Captivate and Vibrant. The Epic 4G is $250 after a $100 mail-in rebate.

Also, the Captivate was only out from a month and it is already so cheap now. I think it is $10 at Wirefly with a 2 year contract. I wonder how long it will be until the Fascinate becomes a free or very cheap phone on websites like Amazon, Walmart or Wirefly.
  14. bxojr

bxojr Well-Known Member

Preordered mine at about 5:30 PM today, and to my surprise I was the first. The Best Buy people didn't even know about the preorder; fortunately, I brought a printout of the press release! They looked it up in the system, found the right paperwork, and we were good to go. I was pleased to watch the sales clerk write "#1" at the top of the form -- at least I know I'll have one!

Even though there's no longer any question about the release date, I did take the opportunity to ask the manager what the Verizon rep told him. "The ninth," he responded without hesitation. Just in case anyone is still doubting ... that's about as official as it gets, until Verizon says something directly.

Thirteen days and counting.
  15. TheAlmightyDrew

I knew it would be the 9th. It is the Thursday before the VMAs which is being sponsored by the Fascinate and Verizon. Phones typically come out on Thursdays so it only makes sense.
  16. Droidizzle

Droidizzle Well-Known Member

Went down pre ordered mine. I am leaning on giving my incredible to the wife, but not sure yet. They do upgrades for current Verizon customers as well as already taking the mail-in rebate discount right off the top. Plus the whole 30 day return window, yadda yadda.
  17. rlblosser

rlblosser Member

Called my local Best Buy today. They have no preorders yet...So i'm gonna go order it today! I upgraded to the Blackberry Tour this past Thursday, and it all came back to me why I got rid of my previous blackberry a couple years ago. Can't wait for the Fascinate...I'm missing Android!
  18. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

Pre-ordered at Best Buy for retail, they said it will be $699.99 unless I use an upgrade. I had them double check their system...still $699.99

Surprised at how expensive it is, I might pay ETF then use upgrade - would be cheaper.

I had to put 50 down, but you get it on a gift card you can use when you pick it up.
  19. eleazar

There is absolutely no way it will be $699. The reps at my best buy couldn't tell me how much it would be because it's not in the system.

It sells for $499 at AT&T and T-Mobile. I double checked with them and they said that they will price match with Verizon if Best Buy is selling it for $549 and VZW is selling for $499.

I don't think VZW even has a phone that retails for $699, that is the same price as the 32gb iPhone 4.
  20. burningembers

I hope you're right and she was just lying, $699 was jaw dropping.
  21. honeymic

honeymic Member

Hey guys, I'm new to posting here. Something I thought was worth asking in this thread, was if anyone else knows whether Best Buy will honor the NE2 discount? I've heard they don't but just wanted to know. If they do I'll be out there tomorrow reserving this phone!
  22. curtisdr

curtisdr Well-Known Member

The only thing I've heard on this is that some BB's *may* price match based on your ne2 discount.
  23. burningembers

They have always honored it just fine for me.

I generally prefer Best Buy because my Best Buy is never sold out of phones (even when the nearby Verizon stores are) and they generally apply mail-in rebates on the spot (whereas Verizon will not, even if you ask).

The only time they might not honor it is when you're a valued customer where Verizon will let you upgrade 4-6 months earlier than the end of your contract - but again, I've never had an issue.
  24. eleazar

Yeah, I would just ask your local Best Buy. If they say they will honor it, I would recommend getting it in writing and signed by a manager so you don't end up buying a $50 best buy gift card for nothing. :)
  25. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio Well-Known Member

I bought my Droid there in December with the NE2 pricing. No gift card...no problem. I usually go through the web for purchases, but if you can't wait, Best Buy is your best bet.