Best Buy QuestionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Hawkmech

Hawkmech Active Member This Topic's Starter

Every Verizon store is out of the Incredible and the online is now saying they wont ship till 5/21 but Best Buy appears to have plenty. My question is, "is there any downside to purchasing from Best Buy"?

Advertisement
  2. Hawkmech

One thing I heard is that Best Buy cant handle corporate discounts which I would be able to get through the corporate store

3. zanza

zanza Well-Known Member

my local best buys are all sold out

4. Hawkmech

so far the Best Buys where I live have plenty according to the store clerk

5. reflekt2099

reflekt2099 Active Member

order online verizon's website. if you order sometime before 4PM, they can have it overnight shipped to you (free) and you'll get it the next day. plus you get the $100 instant online rebate.

6. keegan1014

keegan1014 Well-Known Member

Yup I orderd mine online and had out the next day
    And love it

7. SCARLETnGREY

SCARLETnGREY Well-Known Member

Ive never upgraded with best buy until I got the Incredible. So far I havent had any issues. I did have to ask about 8 times about getting the New Every Two discount though. The clerk kept saying the price is $199.99 and that is the best they can do. But they finally said they would price match what my price would be with my New Every Two. So I got it for $149.99. Also they do instant rebates like Verizon online! Thats why I used BB and I didnt want to wait for Verizons shipping (backordered).

I guess the only downside would be Verizon was offering a free 2gb SD card and BB wouldnt throw one in. So I just ended up going into a Verizon store and told them I didnt get a SD card when I got the Incredible, so they just gave me one!

8. vgp

vgp Well-Known Member

I bought from best buy for 199 and got my phone then and there. I dont see nothing wrong with that. Save money and no waiting.

9. krispy_mobile

krispy_mobile Well-Known Member

I got my DI from Best Buy and they did not setup my corporate discount on site. There was a Verizon rep there and she said just login to the Verizon site within a week or so of getting the phone and I could setup the discount online. She was right. The same day I got the phone I was able to apply my corporate discount through the website.

FWIW, I'm glad I went through BB. Not only did I get the $100 off immediately, they waived the setup fee and gave me a choice of memory card brand.

Since then, I replaced my phone due to bad sound quality. I went back to BB and was quickly setup with a replacement.

10. mzerielav

mzerielav New Member

I heard that Best Buy did price matching so I called around and found a store that would match the price that Amazon was selling the phone for ($149.99). Later that evening, after buying the phone, I signed into Verizon wireless and signed up for my corporate discount. :)

BTW - I also got the 2gb SD card. Not a bad deal

11. IncrediblyCool

IncrediblyCool Well-Known Member

can i buy an inc from BB and then cancel old contract and activate will it still be 200 then?

12. sylent101

sylent101 Well-Known Member

Sure you can..for a 350 dollar early termination fee

13. dgourd

dgourd Well-Known Member

I got a 2 gb card included when I bought mine at best buy. I also found no down side to buying it at best buy.