Best Buy selling on Saturday?

Last Updated:

1. mnicb

mnicb Member This Topic's Starter

I frequent my local Best Buy Mobile and a worker there who is pretty trust-worthy told me they got in their Captivate shipment. (10 at this particular location) And he said they received word from AT&T to start selling it on Saturday. He told me to come first thing in the morning and I can get one. :)

Anyone else hear of this?

Advertisement
  2. MrTony

MrTony Banned

I was at my BestBuy today and they had them in, but couldn't sell them. The store manager gave approval for them to sell to me, but their system wouldn't even ring it up. They put my name and number on the box and said they'd hold it for me. I'm going to try again in tomorrow. If I'm successfull you'll know - you'll hear the "woo-hoo" coming from the direction of Alabama :D

3. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Well-Known Member

They have received word from BB corp not to sell until Sunday so if this is true then I'm getting mine tomorrow!!

4. NOSintake

NOSintake Well-Known Member

I went to Best Buy after having no luck at AT&T, and they said they were receiving a shipment that day, but couldn't sell it until Sunday. No word on pricing or how many they had though. Can anybody get them to say a price? Non contract preferably :)

5. mnicb

He scanned it and the price came up as $499 off contract. I hope he was right on the Saturday thing!

6. dsjr2006

I believe it is $549, but they will price match to $499 prob once they can confirm with AT&T stores. $229 w/2 yr contract.

7. MrTony

MrTony Banned

This is exactly what the BB in Huntsville, AL told me today.

8. NOSintake

NOSintake Well-Known Member

Hmm, $549 is too high for my blood. May try and print receipts/tweets/facebook messages to see if they can price match it that way. Do that on release day may be better than trying to convince AT&T to try the same.

9. dsjr2006

BB almost always does a phone confirmation unless they can see it for themselves on an official website because too many people try to bring in fake stuff.

10. huskerkurt

huskerkurt Well-Known Member

Is that $229 w/2 yr contract price right? I'm planning on buying the phone on contract, but are they really selling for $30 more at Best Buy than AT&T?

11. tekonus

tekonus Well-Known Member

I emailed Best Buy Mobile earlier in the week to get definite answers, because that is where I intend to pick up my phone, but no one at my local best buy knew anything about the phone aside from the fact it exists. The first email I sent was just a general inquiry on if or when they will be receiving it. This is what I received back:

--------/start
    Thank-you for contacting Best Buy Mobile Customer Care, my name is Tara, and I will be happy to help you with this question.

That's a great question!!! We will be carrying the phone on July 18th and it will be in store only. And the phone will be for $199.99 for new contract or upgrade. Are you currently eligible for an upgrade? If you would like to send me that information I can check that upgrade for you. I will also get incontact with that local store and see if they have received education on the phone. And if not I will inform them for you.

Hopefully, this has answered all of your questions. If you need any more information, you can respond to this message, or call Best Buy Mobile 1-888-BESTBUY. Thank you again for contacting Best Buy Mobile.

Thank you,
    Tara
    Best Buy Mobile Customer Care Team
    --------/end

I then replied back asking further questions about when I could pre-order one and what the off-contract pricing would be. This is what I got back:

--------/start
    Thank you for your response back on you inquiry.

I am glad I was able to answer that question for you. As we have been told the full retail price is going to be $499.99 or $599.99. I have not got the final price yet. I called the store and they will not be doing pre orders. But, they did say you can call them a day before and they can put your name one. And if they are authorized to they can sell it to you that day.

If you need anymore information about the phone or accessories feel free to email me back I will be more than Happy to help you!!!!!
    --------/end

Now, I would think that pre-ordering and "putting my name on one", especially if they let me pay in advance, are pretty much the same thing... but hey, I'm not complaining if they let me do it and I get one.

12. thindery

thindery Well-Known Member

Go in to your local att and you can probably already get it. I went in on Friday night and asked the guy if he had a Captivate to sell me. He said he did actually. And he went back and got their demo unit and let me play with it for about 20 minutes. The customer next to me was buying one as I was playing. I had to pass though..don't get paid till the end of the month ::sigh::

13. giper54

giper54 Well-Known Member

Has anyone confirmed if Best Buy is officially selling the Captivate tomorrow?

14. subie41ife

subie41ife Well-Known Member

Try reading the thread before you post....

tekonus likes this.
  15. tekonus

^^^ This is a smart man. :D

16. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

Local Best Buy - no inventory yet, will receive later today (Saturday), on sale tomorrow.

17. fireonhigh

fireonhigh Well-Known Member

i just got off the phone with bestbuy,said they coming today and selling sunday ,229$on 549$off contract,,,called costco ,said they wont have them for launch but to check back in a week,,,,might be worth it..they have tmobiles vibrant for 99$ on upgrade or new account,,but yeah,who wants to wait:Dlol

18. giper54

giper54 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help. What I should have asked if Best Buy has made any official announcements whether they will be selling the Captivate tomorrow.

19. mnicb

Ok so I went to today to pick it up. The other guys there hadn't heard of anything. The guy that told me I could get it today wasn't there yet. He came in at 11 and said he had heard it from their AT&T rep. The manager of mobile then called a higher up rep to confirm and she said not to sell it until Sunday. But they did let me play with it and they did have 10 of them in that will go on sale on Sunday.

20. tekonus

Went to my local Best Buy tonight and asked to have them "put my name on one" for tomorrow. She pulled one out of a drawer, pulled a piece of paper, wrote my first and last name in pen on it, and taped it to the box. My jaw dropped, and asked if there was any way I could pick it up tonight... denied. Then my buddy came back an hour later and tried to do the same and they turned him down. :(