• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy to start offering Clearwire 4g plans!

ap3604

Android Enthusiast
Feb 9, 2010
Best Buy signs deal with Clearwire, to offer Best Buy branded WiMax plans Boy Genius Report

For those of you who don't want to pay Sprint's ridiculous $80/mo, hope is on the way soon!!! Best Buy 4g plans for $40/mo where you could simply use the 4g connection on your unlocked Evo 4g to make your calls over VOIP? Not having to pay an imaginary $10 fee just to line Sprint's executives pockets? Mmmmmmmmm

It would be simply AMAZING if retailers like Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc started offering clearwire 4g plans since this would absolutely cripple the big 4's monopoly on prices and open up the smartphone world to everyone... not just the rich yuppies that don't mind being bent over paying $80/mo ;)

Reactions: EarlyMon
What in the world does this have to do with EVO?

You do realize that with CW you have to have a mobile hot Spot and you'd have to have your EVO to use both at ummmm lets say the park and you'd have to pay I think $60 or $80 a month for that.

$40 is just for the modem that has to be plugged into power.

Edit:
My bad looks like the it's $100 for the hardware and $5 a month.
http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2010/07/clearwire_unveils_personal_mobile_hotspot.html

So let's see Sprint cost $80 a month x 12 or $960 a year.
CW cost 225 + $200 to break contract + $61 a month (modem and hotspot) x 12 0r $1157 first year) and $732 2nd + years.

You're right Sprint is screwing us even with discounts I doubt you'll get $732 a year using Sprint. Hmmmmmmmm

By the way you break even with CW in about 23 months over Sprint.

Upvote 0
Best Buy signs deal with Clearwire, to offer Best Buy branded WiMax plans Boy Genius Report

For those of you who don't want to pay Sprint's ridiculous $80/mo, hope is on the way soon!!! Best Buy 4g plans for $40/mo where you could simply use the 4g connection on your unlocked Evo 4g to make your calls over VOIP? Not having to pay an imaginary $10 fee just to line Sprint's executives pockets? Mmmmmmmmm

It would be simply AMAZING if retailers like Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc started offering clearwire 4g plans since this would absolutely cripple the big 4's monopoly on prices and open up the smartphone world to everyone... not just the rich yuppies that don't mind being bent over paying $80/mo ;)

Apparently since I pay for my Evo, i'm a rich yuppie. Good to know. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones